Monday, April 9, 2007

Nursery and Quilt

These posts are a bit sporadic-- but there really isn't a whole let to tell at this point. Just a tremendous amount of waiting. During the wait, a lot of house painting. We probably should have done some before and after photos, but I just am not quite that with it. The part of actually getting to the "after the before" is enough.
:-D

I think I have figured out the camera well enough to finally upload some photos of the nursery and the 100 wish quilt.

This is the tree that took me ~4 1/2 hours -- that is just for the tree. Please don't ask how long it took to do the entire room! We did it over a period of several months.


I also made/am making the cushion in the chair. I still have a few more things to do to it.


How do you like the pelican toy holder? I got that at Ikea. They have the greatest stuff!


Below is a picture of the bunny that Gabrielle painted--next to it is the wishing well she painted. She did both free-handed. Pretty darn good!





















Xavier painted the flowers and dragonflies (using stencils). He used silver and gold colors for his because he wanted them to be valuable.


You may have noticed that the bunny is yawning. That is because the bunny is next to the crib and I painted a night-scape in this corner. I used stencils for the stars.


The 100-wish quilt is draped over the crib-- and you can't really see it very well so there is one more picture of it below.















I am going to try and be better about posting-- I will try to post at least once a month when referrals arrive to let folks know where we are at. Right now, referrals are still arriving for the month of October 2005.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlfriend!! I love that nursery!! Jeez, we were only gonna paint ourz yellow!! And that quilt is outta this world!!