Referrals began arriving today from China and so far the latest Log-in-Date (LID) that is being reported as receiving a referral is November 7, 2005.



That is it for all the interesting happenings this past month. Less interesting happenings include painting the kitchen, getting a new dishwasher, a new grill, and sanding and refinishing the dining-room and den floors.
The last LIDs covered by referrals in May were November 1st. So in a month's time we've managed to proceed forward a whopping 6 days (lots of sarcasm added).
Folks are predicting that it may take 5 more months for all of the waiting parents with a November 2005 LID to receive a referral.
This will push us way back in terms of when we get our referral. At this point, I am tired of guessing as to when we will get our referral. It seems that every time we think we will be getting our referral "in the Summer" it becomes "in the Fall" now it is becoming "maybe by December???"
Words cannot begin to express the frustration-- with so many things. In addition to the frustration of the never ending wait . . .
I'm tired of the same people asking how the adoption is going-- obviously it is going very freaking slow!
I am tired of the same people asking why it is taking so long--- nobody really knows and the possibility of answers doesn't change.
I am REALLY tired of hearing people say, A) "It will all be worth it after you have your baby." and B)"You'll forget all about the pain of the wait after you have your baby."
A) If we didn't think it would be worth the wait we wouldn't still be waiting would we?
B) Really? Are you sure? Even if you are sure do you really think that is the best thing to say to someone who has been waiting nearly 18 months to complete an adoption that was only suppose to take 6 to 8 months?
I've talked to plenty of people who had very difficult pregnancies and labors who decided that experiencing it once was enough-- they didn't forget that pain.
I know even more people who said the pain of raising a teenage really made them re-think the whole parenting thing altogether LOL.
Really, if you want to help a parent who is currently waiting for a referral to adopt from China, give them some chocolate and a glass of red wine.
Yes, sick humor. That truly is all I have these days.
Now that I am done venting---
Regardless of how frustrating this wait has become life goes on . . .
Xavier was busy this past month constructing a fort, you can tell he is really happy about it by his enthusiasm in the picture on the left LOL. The picture on the right barely catches him in covert operations involving secret details only known to him.
Gabrielle has had a few band concerts over the past month the first one was her Spring c
oncert at school. Wim took a very nice picture of her with her saxophone.
oncert at school. Wim took a very nice picture of her with her saxophone.Her next performance was at a PawSox ballgame. For those of you who aren't
familiar, this is the Rhode Island Red Sox-- B team or something of that nature.
I believe they are part of the same team(??) or something of that nature as the Boston Red Sox-- just a lower level.
Gabrielle is in the middle of the picture on the right and the next picture is of all the kids on the field. Several schools participated in playing the National Anthem at the game.
It was a school night so we stayed and watched the first 4 innings before heading home. Wim and I enjoyed watching the game, but the kids were bored with it.
That is it for all the interesting happenings this past month. Less interesting happenings include painting the kitchen, getting a new dishwasher, a new grill, and sanding and refinishing the dining-room and den floors.
We are readily looking forward to fun times at the beach during the Summer months.
Stay tuned for next month's post where the rate of referrals may surprise by covering an entire week!!! For those who don't know me well-- this is dripping with sarcasm.
TTFN
1 comment:
Hi Reena,
Just wanted to let you know that I think about you often and wonder how things are going for you guys. I cant wait for the day that you post on inciid that you finally have your little angel!!
Post a Comment