Saturday, August 18, 2007

A New Puppy, August Referrals, and Uncle Earl Oh My!

I tried to post again in July, but this crazy blog-- somehow I managed to erase everything! It took so long to upload the photos etc., I called it quits.

Anyway, here we are in August. The referral batch made it through November 21st. We are officially within one month of log-in-dates to ours. I wish it would only take one more month for us to actually get ours, but I doubt we see our referral until December or January and with the way this crazy process is going-- who knows.

On to other news.

We finally brought home our puppy, who we have named Phoebe. It was a big adventure when we went to get her. The kids were really happy and excited.

Wim wasn't quite as happy and excited as the kids that we were getting a puppy.

Meanwhile, back at home, the kitty had no idea how drastically her life was about to change.

Everyone was really happy when we picked up the puppy and were on the way home with her. . Even Wim was happy.

Isn't she the cutest little Golden Retriever puppy you ever seen???










She's learning to walk pretty on a leash and is doing well-- so far. She gets scared when a car drives by. Her favorite thing to do (next to peeing on the floor!) is playing and clowning around, which she is very good at being silly.










I would say that the whole family loves her dearly, but . . .
Need-a-kitty is really pissed. I think she is jealous. You can see the green envy in her eyes.

Other big events include a nice vacation with Uncle Earl who made his annual visit to Lil Rhody. We had a great time at the beach. Although, Uncle Earl sometimes had a little trouble finding his way back to our spot on the sand.
I know. I could have flagged him down instead of taking these pictures, but they are nice pictures aren't they? Don't worry. He found us.











Regardless, there was fun for all splashing in the ocean and boogie-boarding back to shore. That is me on the left and Uncle Earl on the right.











I would post a picture of Wim, but he is more into body surfing, and being fish-like as he is, you can't see him in the waves.

I think Uncle Earl was a little water-logged by the end of the weekend. Not to mention the belly glow!


We spent a nice afternoon during the week having lunch with my Mother-in-law at the Atlantic Beach Club. It is a nice spot in Middletown, with a deck on the beach. It was a cloudy day with threats of rain, so the beach wasn't busy and we were able to get a really good table close to the water. It didn't rain and we had a great time.

I was as happy as a clam to have my Uncle Earl out visiting us. Actually, I was happier than the clams because I wasn't being served up on plate for dinner! Check out those waves!! They sure were pretty-- despite the gray day!


After dining on calamari, fried clams, and chowder-- we strolled the beach for a little while and Judy told all about pudding stone (big boulders of smaller rocks that were formed by glaciers).


Uncle Earl had a great time climbing around like a big kid on the pudding-stones!











Later in the week we all headed to New Hampshire and spent a few days up in the mountains. I haven't transferred those photos from my camera yet-- so stay tuned to the next post which will include death defying feats by grown adults slipping and sliding down water slides built into the side of a mountain. It is a wonder that I am still alive to tell the tale!

















































No comments: