Monday, December 10, 2007

Holiday Greetings

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

We appear to be getting close to our referral. I say appear, because until we actually get it, you can never truly be sure. China sent out referrals for families with an application log-in-date December 9-14, 2005. Wim and I are very hopeful that we will get our referral in early January. Time will tell.

After waiting nearly two years—two years by the time we will get our referral, it is hard to believe it is actually going to happen! I feel like I am in a zombie-dreamlike state. I can hardly wait to see her picture, see how old she is, how big she is, etc.

I am glad that this is the “holiday” part of the year because preparing for the holidays helps the time go by much more quickly—of course, not quickly enough!

We had a lovely Thanksgiving. Wim’s mom and his sister and her family came to our home. We had a nice visit with everyone and all the food turned out really yummy! I can say this because Wim’s family contributed quite a bit of grub to the big feast and everything was simply scrumptious.

It was the first time Gabrielle and Xavier met their new cousin Emily. Gabrielle took right to holding her new little cousin.
We got to try Phoebe’s newly learned doggy-manners out on my nieces and nephews. This all went well.
Phoebe really is turning out to be more of Wim's dog than anyone else's-- much to his dismay. She loves him with all her little doggie-heart and is ALWAYS wanting him to pet her-- when he leaves, she cries and cries. It is pretty funny considering he isn't really a dog-person.

Shortly after Thanksgiving we finished packing-up Judy’s house (Wim’s mom) and now have her moved-in to her new pad. It is a super cute cottage that is absolutely perfect for her. We are all happy that she is getting settled into her new home.

We are now in the Christmas Holiday mode. Gabrielle, Xavier, Phoebe and I had a great time decorating the tree. We're not sure what Wim was doing. But you can see that whatever he was doing, Phoebe is right there helping him. Yup, she loves him. She is always right under his feet.
















Phoebe doesn't know what to make of all this fuss-- much less having a tree inside the house (I'm sooo glad we got a female dog). Everybody sure was in good spirits after we finished decorating the tree. All it needs now are some presents!
I did buy Josie her first Christmas ornament. I saw it and just had to get it. I hope that next year she will be able to hang it on the tree herself-- with a little help from her mommy of course.
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is so exciting - I know it has been a long process for you guys. What a great thing you are doing. I'll definitely be following this blog and hoping you get that referral and your new little one very soon! It sounds like a long and painful process, but I am sure it will pay off big in the end. Gosh, I can't believe how big (and gorgeous) Gabrielle and Xavier are!

Here is a link to my daughter's website, not sure if you have it or not. http://www.splitseconds.com/ada

Anonymous said...

Hi-we are so excited and nervous and hopeful right along with you guys! Since we're all getting a little more sleep lately I look forward to keeping up with the blog on a consistent basis. I finally had a chance to catch up and I've learned quite a bit. Thank you for posting all of the great information about what you have been going through for the past 2 years. I have a whole new understanding now and will encourage our friends and family to please check it out.
love,Becky