
Hi Everyone,
I hope that time doesn't feel, for you, like it is at a deathly standstill, like it does for us. We know that we will be in the next batch of referrals and this month is going oh sooooo slow!
We got a bit of a lift late yesterday. Our adoption agency emailed us that their contact person in China notified them that matching has begun. This is the part of the process where adoption personnel in China match babies who legally available for adoption with the parents. It is so surreal to imagine that somewhere, on the other side of this world, someone is matching us with our baby!
Referrals are *usually* mailed about a week after the matching process begins, but Chinese New Year (CNY) begins on February 7th. Everyone in China takes off the week of CNY and in year's past, referrals were mailed the day before CNY-- so we may be waiting a little longer. I really hope not!!
I've been trying to keep busy to pass the time, but it is really hard. I went consignment shopping with a friend last week (one of my favorite hobbies!) and I found this adorable little gal:
At First she wasn't sure about the caterpillar and approached with caution, but wanted it to play with her. In frustration with the caterpillar's lack of play, Phoebe does what she does to us when we don't want to play with her-- she barked at it.
Next, Phoebe tried giving the caterpillar a few doggie kisses to let it know that she likes it and wants to be friends. After the kisses, Phoebe pranced half of her toys over the caterpillar to show her how to play with them-- see them all? Phoebe's baby doggie-doll is in the front, her Patriots foot ball is in the middle, she is taunting the caterpillar with her ever favorite chewing stick, and her green Christmas reindeer is in the back. I am sorry to report, with regard to the reindeer that its head has been severed since this photo shoot. Not by the caterpillar, but by Phoebe. May it rest in peace.
Xavier participated in a soapbox car race in his scouting club, which I was very sorry to have missed. He whittled his very own car-- pretty much all by himself-- he wouldn't let Wim do a whole lot to help him nor was he receptive to Wim's ideas. Xavier even made his own design for the car instead of using one of the pre-made designs that was offered to all the kids. It all paid off for him-- he came in 3rd place in the pine wood car derby.
We ALL know that this means that Xavier's car actually beat several adults-- as we are sure that the first and 2nd place winners (as well as a number of other entries) were really made by the dads-- and not the boys as it is suppose to be. We are all very proud of Xavier. I wish we had pictures to share-- but Wim, being the typical man, forgot to take the camera with him to the event.
Everyone else has been taking it easy this month. The kids have each had some winter colds and such the last few weeks as well as some some snow days. Everyone seems to be taking it easy . . .
Except for me-- I feel like I am on pins and needles! Hopefully, it won't be too much longer!






No comments:
Post a Comment