I'll do my best to start off where we left off the last time-- which shouldn't be too hard. As I recall from last time Josie was running around-- very much on The GO! Nothing has changed there LOL.
The biggest news we have since the last post is that Josie got to meet her newest friend, Callie, recently home from China. We were lucky to spend a few hours playing with Callie at her house earlier this month. We also shared some yummy snacks, which Josie Dong Dong refers to as 'Snnaaah.'
"Mommy! I Love You! Pick me up and let's have some -- what Josie said."

Josie did have a blast with the crazy hair day at Baby School. One of her teachers did her hair up in a whole bunch of pony tails.

Josie also really enjoys Water Table Fun-- pretty much anything involving water is a big hit!
It doesn't really seem to matter what is going on at Baby School, Josie Dong Dong has a great time laughing-it-up with the other toddlers and her teachers.
All of the pictures from Baby School are courtesy of Josie's teacher-- emailing pictures to the parents is a little extra thing this teacher likes to do.Josie also enjoys getting into other's people stuff-- mostly mine! Here she is pulling out all kinds of stuff from our closet. Stuff I didn't even know was there!
"What's so funny? I'm not doing anything unusual."
More pictures of Josie at her and Mommy's favorite park. Josie is starting to move on from the thrill of the stairs-- she still wants to do them, but she also plays on other things as well.
Today at the park she had a blast playing on the car. She was pretty insistent that I also sit in the car with her and both acted like we were driving. She especially likes it when I make a beeping sound for the horn.
"I'm driving just like Mommy."
Oh NO! Not another Back Seat Driver!
Summer is quickly coming to an end here in Rhode Island. Summer always goes by quickly, but even more so here in New England. We can feel the change in the air-- especially at night and in the morning.
It is hard for us to believe, but it has been 5 months since we first held Josie Dong Dong in our arms. In one thought we can't believe that much time has gone by. In another thought it's like it happened yesterday. Wim and I have completed the first of two post placement adoption reports that will be sent on to China. They like to hear how everyone is doing. We visited with our Social worker a few weeks ago and I mailed the final report and a few pictures off to our adoption agency today.
With the end of summer comes fall-- and all the fun that fall and the holiday season has to offer. We are all looking forward to experiencing this time with Josie and she is looking forward to all the fun that awaits her-- this upcoming year and many more years to follow.
2 comments:
Lily shares Josie's love of shoes - she'll put on anyone's shoes and walk around in them! She also certainly has opinions about what shoes she wants to wear when we go out!
Josie looks great - she has really changed and opened up so much in the last five months.
Reena, I LOVED the pictures and the post!! It reminded of my daughter when she was very young and loved loved loved shoes!! She is now almost 11 years old and still loves shoes. We spend lots of time in the shoe dept at the store and I am sure as Josie gets older you will too. I really think it is a girl thing.
We look forward to seeing Josie at an ACONE event. Hope you can come to our Costume Bazzar!!!
Wendy
Post a Comment