Sunday, May 17, 2009

Growing Pains

Hi Everyone,

I don't know where the time goes these days-- but it sure isn't sticking around for very long.

As of the past week or so, Josie Dong Dong is having a bit of a rough patch. We think she is going through a separation anxiety phase-- albeit a little later than most toddlers. This past week she hasn't wanted to go to Baby School and will say, "no friends" to Wim every morning.

She wants to stay home. We are trying our best to reassure her and give her extra snuggle time before and after school. We're hopeful that this phase will pass soon.

Her teachers are making every effort to give her extra attention as well, which for Josie and her favorite teacher translates into some crazy hair days. This crazy cool braided-doo lasted half the weekend!


This weekend we laid low, sort of. No play dates. Just Josie Dong Dong and her family hanging out having fun.

"Mommy is paying extra-special attention to me."

Josie and I had big fun Saturday-morning playing at our favorite park, which she refers to as the "ground." Josie enjoyed trying out all the different cars, me pushing her on several swings, and sliding down the "Plank" on the pirate ship. I think she especially enjoyed having my undivided attention while we were at the playground.

"Look at all the cars! I want to drive all of them!"
















"Mommy is pushing me high!" "Me and Mommy are playing pirates."












Even Xavier took some time to give Josie some extra cuddles this weekend.

"I have the best Guh Guh in the WORLD!"

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Sorry to hear that Josie is going through a rough patch. I hope she gets through it soon.

The Ordinary Horse said...

That movie sounds really good; was it subtitled? Did you rent it or buy it? I'm sorry to hear that Josie is going thru a rough patch...hope she gets thru it soon. It's never fun. She is so, so cute tho and looks like she was eating up all the extra attention and love from everyone. Love the hair-do too. Hope everything else is going along smoothly (you know...). Thinking of you.

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Sounds like you're doing all the right things, and what an understanding, compassionate teacher.
You'll get through this!
Blessings,
Robbie,
mom to the amazing Josie-Tatum