Monday, March 26, 2012

Four Years of My Heart . . .

Grab some crackers-- time for a cheesy post.

This past weekend marked the fourth year since we became part of Josie's family.

She had not been out of the SWI and today was a huge trip for her.

She was tired from all trip and all the new sites.
Josie the day we met her at the China Government Office.
She is with the SWI director (this is not her Ayi).

She was so sweet, remarkably quiet.
We soon learned that she was recovering from a cold and was taking medicine to alleviate her congestion.

Nothing like having a cold while experiencing a major life transition!
Me holding Josie for the first time.
 Josie snuggled into my arms without hesitation-- which was a surprise as I was expecting that
she would be majorly upset and crying.
Me singing to Josie, terms of endearment that I had learned in Mandarin.

Josie fell asleep in my arms before we left the government office to return to the hotel.

When Josie awoke at the hotel she was quiet.
Wim was able to hold her for a brief time-- before she realized what/who was holding her.

Josie had never seen men before today and she was fairly freaked-out by Wim. 

In the coming days we ventured out for brief sight-seeing trips.

Josie enjoyed a morning visiting a huge flower garden and learning
to sniff flowers.  Her facial expressions were more than priceless. 

In a matter of days, Josie transformed from being quiet, shy, reserved . . . 
into a fun loving, silly toddler with the most infectious belly laugh! 


She went from crying whenever Wim looked at her to
giving him a good dose of

"Na-na-na-naaaa!"
"You are not holding me or touching my new Ayi!"
(Josie called me "Ayi" for awhile) 

Home from China, Josie met Gabrielle (Jie Jie) and Xavier (Ge Ge).

They bonded over pretend thumb sucking. 

Josie was discovering the perks of having this tall thing called a Daddy-- or as she would then sometimes refer to him as,
"Ayi?"

**Disclaimer** Ayi is the term babies in China use for the Nannies who care for them.
It actually means mother's sister. 

Josie began walking, talking, and learning how to give kisses. 

Her silly personality blossomed. 

She played with her big sibs. 


And before we knew it, she traveled with Wim and I to China where
she became a big sib herself! 
On of my most favorite pictures of me and Josie.

 Josie was quick to become a loving big sister to Clara Rose.

She was also quick to become a bossy big sister. 

To this day she continues to be a loving (and bossy) big sister!

Josie is lovely by all meanings of the word-- inside and out.

Wim and I don't deserve to be her parents and we are
forever grateful for having this sweet little girl for our daughter. 

We love you Josie!

Now and Forever,

for Always.

2 comments:

firegirl said...

Ok you made my cry! Wow 4 years!I remember it like it was yesterday. I lived to check the blog each day to see how you were doing. It was so exciting! She is a smart, beautiful,funny girl and growing up so fast. You are all lucky to have each other both Josie and Clara Rose fit so nicely in you wonderful family.
Michelle, Grace and Carlo

The Gang's Momma! said...

Thanks for stopping by my "Snapshot Sunday." I'm happy to help with the laminate top issue. I have to post it here cuz I can't find an email for you... Hope that is okay.

I will say, before I tell you all this :) that it's not been tested by a tough ten year old yet, as his room isn't finished yet, but here's what we did.

We sanded the surface as best we could. )By we, I mean my son and my hubby!) :) Just to try to break up the glossy solid surface. Then The Boss taped off the rest of the stained surfaces with a tarp and sprayed just the top with several coats of matte finish black spray paint. Finally, he applied a top coat of Varathane brand "no odor" Floor Finish - polyurethane in the High Traffic formula, satin finish. Good luck and hope it works for you :)