Here we are, at Devil's Hopyard State Forest Campground--
campsite number . . .
13
I cut out of work a little early last Friday and the girls and I
went on a mini-camping adventure.
I grew-up camping and really enjoy it.
I love sharing it with Josie and Clara Rose-- and they are enjoying this time as well.
Josie was a bit miffed at first-- this was a rustic campground.
No running water, much less frills such as Yogi and Boo-Boo bear-- there wasn't even a playground!
But . . .
There were lots of woods to explore and we happened upon this really cool waterfall,
so she soon decided that this place was fun!
Clara Rose is easy-- she generally thinks most anything is fun.
Soon they were off giving me little heart attacks--
one right after the other!
Exploring the water all around the falls.
Back at the campsite I sent them on a mission to forage some extra
wood for the fire.
I mostly needed to get a few things set up without any extra "help."
Imagine my surprise when I saw them coming out of the woods carrying this big log!
Clara Rose told me she didn't think I could burn it in half!
Huh!? Game on!
We roasted hot dogs, marshmallows etc.
Stayed up way past our bedtimes.
That log held fast!
The next day we were off to a Dragon Boat festival
that was nearby to the campground.
We watched some of the races,
some of the performances, including one by China's beloved Monkey King.
It was quite hot, we cooled off with some tasty frozen treats.
Then we headed back to our campsite, where Wim was waiting
for us and we all headed down the wooded path to splash
around and cool off.
More waterfall fun!
The girls thought Wim was hilarious when he pretended to take a shower!
Another night full of roasting hot dogs, smores, and . . .
That ginormous log finally burned in half!
We stayed up way past bedtime again--
The girls enjoyed a little leapster time in the tent before turning off the light.
It was another fun camping trip!
And, that is 13 pictures, from camping at campsite #13 at the
Devil's Hopyard!













No comments:
Post a Comment