September is over and I don't think I posted once to the blog.
We did take the girls on a camping trip with their beloved cousins (and parents)
over Labor Day weekend, but I think those pictures got mixed in with August.
I had to make an unexpected trip back to my hometown mid-month for a funeral.
It was a sad reason for a trip that provided me an extra opportunity to visit with my Uncle and one of my cousins whom I have not physically seen since she was about 11 years old!
Now a grown beautiful woman- who just got married.
School is going well for both the girls.
Clara Rose is enjoying Kindergarten and is reading easy books.
Josie setteled in quickly to her new school routine.
All worries of a new school and riding the bus etc., are long gone and she is flourishing in First Grade.
She loves her school, teacher, friends, and riding the bus.
Not to mention that she is doing fabulously in all her classes!
With all the excitiment of school starting and mommy going away abruptly,
we did still manage to celebrate the Autumn Moon festival- albeit a bit late.
This year we tried something new to celebrate and I think we are going to make it
our tradition for this special holiday.
We loaded up ourselves and some of our friends after school on a Friday and
headed to the coast for an evening dinner picnic on the beach.
The girls were ecstatic to say the least to go on this fun excursion.
They had a blast playing in the sand,
climbing on the jetties,
I brought our camping stove and heated some soup to couple with sandwiches followed
by hot cocoa later in the evening.
It was a great afternoone and evening!
All the girls had a fun time laughing, eating, and playing.
More beach combing after eating dinner.
Later in the evening the big, bright moon rose over the ocean.
It was a spectacular sight!
We had some yummy cream filled chocolate cupcakes for dessert!
The girls were giddy with the day and night by this point.
We capped off the evening with a little bit of wave chasing before
calling it a night.
Definitely a tradition in the making!
No comments:
Post a Comment