Monday, March 24, 2008

The Day's End; Tomorrow's Beginning

Hi Everyone,
It has been a very long, happy, and exhausting day for all of us. Wim and I are happy to announce that Josephine Orangelee-FuDong Chase is comfortably sleeping in her crib with us.

There was not too much fuss from her this afternoon. I think this is partially because she has a cold and is on medication. She cried a bit this afternoon when we first had her, but fell asleep quickly in my arms before we left the government offices. Below are pictures of us heading for the bus to go, waiting at the government building, Josie and her nanny, me and Josie at the government office, and some pictures back in our room.

She's had two bottles, some Cheerios, a few bites of her first pizza, and more medicine. We also played a bit this evening with her toys. She seems pretty content with me, but is unsure about Wim. Most of the babies are not use to men. She will watch Wim as long as he doesn't look at her too long. She is a curious baby and wants to know about him but is still a little shy.

I think tomorrow will be a whole new experience.

We'll write more later-- now it is time for some rest.

Reena and Wim




Me getting on the bus to go from our Hotel to the CCAA office.







Wim on the bus getting ready to leave the hotel.


The adoption floor of the CCAA office. This is where Josie met us and us her for the very first time.

Me and Wim inside the waiting area at the CCAA. We had to wait about 30 minutes for paperwork to be checked and re-checked.
Meanwhile, our babies were in an adjacent room with only a curtain separating us.



Josie with her nanny just before being given to me. We were the first family to be called.





Me and Josie shortly after she was handed to me. She has a bit of a cold and you can her the congestion in her chest. It sounds as though it is breaking up and that she is well on her way to recovery.




Wim holding Josie back in our hotel room.






Josie playing with some of her toys in the hotel room. She really came to life about a half hour after we settled-in to our room.





Me and Josie in our hotel room. She is still not sure about Wim.
She likes to check him out a lot but so far, she prefers to be really close to me while she does it. She gives him a lot of side glances-- it is pretty darn cute.








13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! you have Josie! She is so cute! I love how she is looking at you when your holding her! I am glad it went well. I was up many times last night I kept looking at the clock to see if you would have met her yet. I am so happy for both of you! Thanks for sharing this special time with us! I hope Josie is feeling better soon.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

She is just beautiful! It must feel so wonderful to finally have her in your arms!! Congratulations:)
Love jade

Unknown said...

Reena and Wim-- I am overjoyed for you both. I am glad to hear your little miracle is finally with you. And am also glad to see how well she is taking to you guys, she must sense the love you are radiating to her. Well, Reena I found at today I did not get the scholarship, but the pictures of you with Josie has really made my day quite wonderful....

Unknown said...

Reena!! She's beautiful!!! Seeing the photos of Josie on the big day with you and Wim takes me right back to our day 6 months ago! Can't wait to hear more about her!! Take care and enjoy motherhood! :)

Kathi

the mommy said...

Congratulations she is adorable.. We can't wait to read and see more pictures of your time in China...

Princess Leah said...

We are so happy for you! She is beautiful and seems to be quite comfortable with her new family. We see she enjoys her thumb too like another little Guangzhou princess we know :)

Anonymous said...

My heart did a little jump when i saw the pictures at work today! I am just so elated for you both.She's adorable and how cute that she sucks her thumb! She looks very curious about her world.I can't wait to know her :)What's her size/measurements? I can hardly contain myself!Welcome to the family, Josie!
love,
Auntie Becky

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhh! I'm just wantin' to put my arms around all of you....three and then five. I recieved this wonderful blog while I was at work and I must say I spent the rest of the day and evening(computer class) actually in China with you. Here only in form. I soooooo hope the schools are able to let Gabrielle and Xavier see their adorable baby sister, Josie !
Reena, this sweetie pie looks at you like she's Known you intimately all of her little life. How does it feel to you? I'm in complete awe of the sacred aura around you three. And, by the way , she is a beautiful little daughter! Reminds me of when I first saw and held Gabrielle, moments after her birth. She was my first grandbaby and I had no idea how a grandparent just falls in love with this new being Now, for the seventh time and unfolding a world away, it's happened again.
We are all so blessedso blessed....hope our baby is feeling better and discovering that her tall, deep voiced, blue eyed new daddy is one of the best things that will ever happen to her....and she, to both of you.

Unknown said...

Reena & Wim,

I am so happy for all of you! The pictures made me tear up. You are a beautiful family.

Love,
Diane

Anonymous said...

I LOVED the pictures!! What a BEAUTIFUL baby girl!!! I can't wait to see more pictures!! I love reading about your journey in china!!

Congratulations!!!

Wendy

Anonymous said...

Oh, I was away from the computer for a few days (traveled to RI for Easter) and I sooo missed this! Reena and Wim, you are so blessed! Gabrielle and Xavier, you have a wonderful little sister! Josie is adorable - and, I agree with her Grandma, she looks at you as if she has known you already for ages! She probably has. What magic! Love you all!

Andrada

Silvia - Desenredando el hilo rojo said...

Congratulations from Spain! She is so beautiful! Enjoy your new life together.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Reena! You look perfect together! Good luck with the rest of the trip. Thank you for sharing this journey with us.
-Maggie