In the meantime, we have been and are very busy and have had a very nice surprise this week. We used an organization called Blessed Kids to ship a care package to Josie. Nothing really big, a little panda snuggli that Wim and I have been sleeping with and a baby photo album with pictures of us in it.
This past week I received word from Blessed Kids that the Orphanage had received our care package and that they were able to get four more pictures of Josie! We were so surprised, not to mention thrilled that we were able to get a few more pictures of her. We don't have any more information and we don't know her age in these photos, but we think the first one was taken around the same time as the referral photos we already received and that the last three are more recent (she has slightly longer hair).
Wim and I cannot believe how incredibly lucky we are to be adopting such a beautiful little girl. She really seems to be very inquisitive based on the pictures we have gotten.
We are very anxious to get our travel approval and get the show on the road.
Once our adoption agency receives this, they can make appointments for us with the US Consulate and then we will know our travel dates. Our agency is still shooting for the week of March 16th, but we will see. That is right around the corner!
We've already started packing-- mostly stuff for Josie. China is more restrictive about baggage than the US so we really need to economize on the packing space.
We will keep you posted-- hopefully, we will have more definitive travel dates by the end of this week.
5 comments:
What wonderful pictures! Thanks for posting them for all of us to see. We can't wait to see more. She certainly looks like a bright little button :)
love,
Becky
Wow, she is a beauty! She is so smiley and happy.
Shawn, Mindy and Leah M.
What cute pictures! Don't you just want to squeeze those cheeks!
Rachel
I want to eat her!!! (I won't, don't worry) I wish we were all going to be in China together. I know everyone will love Josie :)
Congrats! Your daughter is so cute and she looks very happy. I am one of Rachel's neighbors and we brought our daughter home from China almost a year ago (April 4th 2007). This is a magical time for you:)
Kim
Post a Comment