Hi Everyone,
As I mentioned in my last post, the week of the 4th was pack full of fun! We kicked it off with Josie's Baptism and Red & Ginger Party. Uncle Earl came to visit for the week and we are always sure to have lots of goofy fun when he comes to visit.
So, grab a snack and something to sip on-- this is going to be a long one.
Monday, July 7th, after all the pomp and circumstance of Josie's Baptism festivities, we went to the Park, Impossible Dreams with Uncle Earl. Josie has deemed Uncle Earl to be, "UnEl."
It took Mommy crawling through the big tunnel and Uncle Earl making funny faces, but we managed to convince Josie that it would be fun to crawl through and play in the tunnel.
"Hellooooo Josie!"
"Mommy! UnEl is being silly down there!"

Next UnEl taught Josi how to walk up and down the stairs to one of the play areas.
"You have to hold my hand UnEl"

"Mommy makes the best snacks!"

On Tuesday Josie refused to take a nap AND she is getting THREE new teeth! This is what a cranky baby looks like at 3:00 in the afternoon with NO nap and new teeth.
"I'm NOT TIRED!"

"I'm NOT CRANKY!"

Later in the week Uncle Earl worked on a few little projects around the house.
"It's Home Improvement Time!"

"What IS UnEl up to now?"
Josie kept a watchful eye on UnEl the whole time to make sure he didn't get into any trouble.
"What IS that?"
CloseUp.jpg)
After a few days, Josie Dong Dong decided it was OK to let UnEl pick her up for a quick hug.
"UnEl is a Hambone just like me!"

On Thursday we took UnEl to the beach and had a great time playing in the sand and in the Ocean.


Josie Dong Dong LOVES the Ocean and playing in the surf. She shows little if any fear to the waves.
"C'mon Mommy let's walk out here in the water."

"This is fun!!!"

"Let go of me Mommy! I can walk in these waves without holding hands!"
Where did everybody go? I want somebody to hold my hand!"
"Mmmmm! This water tastes salty!" 
"Daddy! You're crazy!"
"How far out are you going to carry me?"
"Hey look at me! I can stand on my head!" 
On the 4th we went to Wim's Uncle Martin and Aunt Ceil's house for the annual clam bake! Josie had a great time playing with her cousins and eating some yummy clams.
The "men" light a big bon fire to heat up rocks. When the rocks are hot they are put into a big metal drum along with seaweed, clams, potatoes, linguisha (sp), hot dogs and few other tasty morsels.

Everybody hangs out and visits while the main food is cooking. there is always some other fun snacks to enjoy while we wait. Josie Dong Dong was very excited with all the activity. This was her first clam bake!
"I have the best big cousin! She brings me chips in a cup!"

This was UnEl's first clam bake as well and he also had a great time. He and Gabrielle enjoyed some chips and some pop while sitting in the shade.

"Oh boy! More Chips!"
"I love Abbie!"
"Hi Baby Emily, Can you have some of these Chips? I will share them with you."

Soon enough Uncle Jack wheeled the big cart of clams over to the table and we were ready to feast!

"Daddy had to give me a shower while we were at the party. I don't really want to talk about it."

"UnEl, why are your legs so red?"

"Oh boy! More Clams!"

Xavier spent most of the day keeping an eye on the fire. He always loves to hang out and watch it burn.
Aunt Cheri has to explain to cousin Ethan why he can't help Xavier with the fire. UnEl is in the background thinking, "don't worry about me. I'm not going near it."
"But Mommy, I have a water hose!"

Wim finally decided to pin down Xavier so he would spend some time with the rest of the family.

All of the cousins enjoying a swim during the heat of the day.
Josie Dong Dong had a great first 4th of July and Clam Bake. On the way home she wanted to make a few calls and talk about it.
"Hello World. Clam Bakes ROCK!"

Back at home, UnEl and I pulled out another surprise. A remote controlled helicopter. Gabrielle and Xavier were excited to get it up and flying. They assisted UnEl assembling the helicopter and charging the battery.
"I believe the propellers attach to the top of the helicopter body."

"Now we turn it on . . ."

"OOps, maybe we turn it on this way . . ."

"Run for cover! We have lift off!"
"Wow! It really flies high!" 
We had a great time with UnEl and we were all sad when he had to go home. Just look at that face! He is one of the best Hambones to have around and we'll miss him. . . till his visit next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment