It's been busy with shifting schedules etc., since my last post. We are all trying to get back into the swing of me working-- especially me.
We did manage to get in a trip to the beach the weekend before I returned to work. These picts seem to be faves of the viewing crowd-- so I'll start with those while I let the suspense mount in your mind regarding Josie's first week in day care.

Wim, Xavier and Josie tried to fight the incoming tide by building a sand moat. Josie was very good playing the lead in quality control.



On to what everyone is really wondering--Day Care.
Josie did very well her first week of day care. Monday and Tuesday were a bit scary for her. Wim and I have arranged our schedules so that I go to work super early (in by 6:00 am) and he goes in a little later. Right now I am only working until noon, so Josie only has 1/2 day.
Here she is dressed in her purple heart romper for her very first day.
By Friday she was really joining in with the group and having loads of fun. She brought home a pasta necklace on Friday (pasta bling) and showed it off all weekend-- not that there was much left to it by Sunday. Phoebe enjoyed the occasional bite of pasta from it, so we know were some of it ended up.
When I picked up Josie on Monday, the first day of her second week, I was able to watch her a little bit before going in her room. She was sitting at a table with her teacher looking at a book-- all smiles. Her smile got even bigger when I walked in.
When I picked her up today she was worn out from playing with all her friends. Her teacher said that Josie had a great time today singing and dancing with her friends and they played the chase game-- which is one of Josie's absolute favorites here at home. She was happy to see me and ready to go home, but she blew kisses to her teachers as we were leaving.
Wim and I are both very relieved that her transition to day care is going so smoothly and that she really seems to enjoy being there.
Wim actually had most of last week off, but since we weren't able to take a real vacation with Gabrielle and Xavier this year, we decided to go ahead and start Josie at her day care so he could focus on doing fun stuff with them. They spent a good amount of time hanging 10 at the nearby beaches.
I'm not sure who is winning the race in this shot.
They are both getting pretty big. I think this is the first year that they have really enjoyed boogie boarding and swimming in the Ocean.
We had a pretty busy weekend with the Sherman Family reunion on Saturday and fun trip to a water spray park on Sunday. I'll post about the Family reunion in the next post-- too many pictures and too little time.
Here are a few picts from the water park. Josie's friend Angeline and her Mommy also came to the park with us.
"Oh boy! This is GREAT! "
"Water EVERYWHERE!"
Jose had a blast at the water park. She was all smiles and giggles running around in the water and through the sprinklers. She wanted me to carry her through the heavier sprinklers-- over and over and OVER.
She's a water-bug through and through!
2 comments:
Hi Reena
Glad to see that daycare went so well!! I too was relieved that first week and amazed at how adaptable these kids are! For a while I was getting the crying drop off and Brad got the happy, laughing pick up. Now we share it more (plus she no longer cries at drop off!) and there is nothing better than the pick up. She runs to me and laughs so much. I am sure Josie is the same way--great photos! Lori
You are relieving my mind about daycare with Josie's fantastic transition! I've enrolled Caroline in a morning camp next week taught by a Montessori teacher. She'll be with 7 other kids, the oldest is 4. I think it will be a good transition to daycare coming up on Sept. 1. I'm sure I'll be a much bigger basket case than Caroline! You guys look sooo great. We miss you! xo, Jena
Post a Comment