Sunday, December 7, 2008

Fa La La la--- Uhhh, WHO is THAT?!

Hi Everyone,
It is the first weekend of December and we are officially kicking-off the Christmas Season! Our events began early Saturday Morning eating breakfast with Santa.
While we were eating breakfast, Josie was very interested in the big guy dressed in the red suit.
"Who is that guy sitting over there?"
"Here Daddy! This is a really good bite!"
After eating our breakfast, we made our way to the cookie decorating station where Josie and I decorated some yummy cookies for each of us to try.

"Wow there sure are a lot of cookies and sprinkles!"

















Josie was quite happy with the finished product of her labor-- what a delectable sight!


After all the hard work decorating the cookies it was time to eat them!















It was hugs and kisses abound with cookie filled tummies!















We next made our way over the Santa station. In this first picture I am pointing out Santa to Josie and asking her if she wants to say 'hi' to Santa.

"Yes, Mommy. I want to say 'hi' to Santa."















Here we are walking toward Santa. Josie was happy and smiling.
















As soon as I started walking up the little stairs to Santa's lap, Josie's smile began to fade away, replaced by tears. Santa tried to calm Josie by showing her his Santa Bear.


Josie didn't give a 'stinky pie' less about the Santa Bear.















Here I am singing Santa Clause is coming to Town while Josie cries and points in the opposite direction of Santa.







"I want to go over there!"







Thus marks the end of Josie Dong Dong's Santa adventure for Christmas 2008. I once worked as a Santa's Helper and I have no desire to try and coax Josie into sitting on some strange man's lap for a picture, albeit Santa's lap. For any David Sedaris fans, I have some of my own Santa Land Diary entries if you are interested. My experience was at the Cape Cod mall, a far cry from Macy's in New York, but some crazy stories none-the-less.
Santa took Josie's rejection in stride and still instructed his helper to giver her a special candy cane. Thanks a lot Santa! We'll try again next year.
With our tummy's full of Christmas Cheer, we set out for a morning full of shopping. Before we knew it, Josie Dong Dong was ready for her lunch and a good nap so Josie and I headed home.

After her nap, we were on the go yet again to find more Christmas treasures. Josie was fresh and ready to go, sporting her Elmo hat and munching on some crisp Christmas Green Beans for a snack-- We have it on very good authority that Green Beans are a favorite snack of Santa's reindeer.


After a full afternoon of shopping, we were headed home. Josie really took the day in stride. She sat in her stroller for a little while and then wanted to walk around. She was very good about holding onto either my or Wim's hand and she got a big kick out of seeing so many people and all the Christmas lights in the stores.

On our way home after dinner out, Josie was finally able to break into the candy cane that Santa gave her.


"Mmmm, this is an interesting looking thing to eat."
















"Whoa Yea! That is some sugary plum goodness!"















The next morning we all woke up to a really special treat--
SNOW!
This is Josie's first snow and I was very excited to take her out and run around in it. As with most new things, Josie likes to take it a little slow before she really gets into the groove.



















"I don't want to walk in this stuff-- it's squishy!"










With a little bit of coaxing and removing her hood, Josie loosened-up a little bit and decided she wanted to check out this 'snow' stuff a bit more.















"Mommy is singing "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas."
















"This stuff is kind of fun to walk around in-- it squishes under my feet."

















"Mommy helped me make a baby snowman!"
"He has eyes and a mouth."
Of course, you can't enjoy a first snow and build a snowman without completing the fun with some hot chocolate-- another first for Josie Dong Dong.
What a hit this was--
"MMMmmm, marshmallows . . .




. . . a grown-up mug and EVERYTHING!"











Best Wishes to all for a happy start to the Christmas season filled with lots of sticky goodness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog, as always. I absolutely love seeing pictures of this happy mommy!!!!!!!...and, of course, of her happy daughter.