I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying all the festivities of the season. We are in full Christmas swing at our house. It is all Wim and I can do just to keep up with Gabrielle, Xavier, and Josie Dong Dong.
"Santa is going to bring me presents."
Last weekend was very busy for us. In addition to me working on Saturday (you just have to love federal audits being done at Christmas-time), we had lots of fun activities planned for the family to enjoy.
In between working on Saturday, Wim brought Josie to me and then we headed-off to Santa's Workshop party at our YMCA. Josie still was not interested in close and personal with Santa Claus or even Mrs. Santa Clause-- she wasn't even all that enthused about Mommy taking a few pictures of her with some cuddly Christmas Bears.
"I don't like these bears!"
Once we moved away from the obvious Kodak moment shots, Josie became much more curious about all the fun crafts that were all around her.After some serious coloring, Josie moved on to making her very own sparkly pine cone ornament for our tree.
Josie and I also made some candy cane ornaments using fuzzy pipe cleaners and beads,
By the time we finished making candy cane ornaments AND Josie had munched down TWO real candy cane candies, she was in full swing and rearing to go!
"Christmas means candy and candy means YUMMY in my TUMMY!"
The next big fun craft was making a frosty, candy coated house. I think I managed to get Josie to place about a 1/4 of the candy on her house-- can you guess where the other 3/4 of the candy went?
After we finished hitting all the craft stations, we went into the story room to listen to the Polar Express. This proved to be much more complicated than most might expect. I think the majority of the kids at this reading were in the 2-3 year age range.
The first obstacle arouse when one little girl began exclaiming, "I want my Cheerios" over and over again. Her parents were frantically trying to find them.
Then several other little kids chimed in.
Then a couple kids decided to walk around the nice lady reading the story.
Then little Josie Dong Dong went up front, stood next to the lady reading, squatted, grabbed her
crotch, and gave me the 'potty' look.
crotch, and gave me the 'potty' look.
Which brings us to the highlight of Santa's Christmas Workshop. . . . . .
Later Saturday-night we all headed northward to enjoy a Winter Wonderland.
The kids were very excited about the abominable sized snowman.
Gabrielle and Xavier enjoyed some popcorn and took some time for Wim to take a picture of them in a festive holiday setting.
Meanwhile, Josie and I took a spin on the carousel. It was a very fast carousel. I had Josie snug tight with the seat belt and was wishing I had one on as well!
Josie was tired of waiting for people to load on the carousel and was getting fussy. Once we got going she loved it and wanted to go on it again-- but it was a bit too much of a free for all for me, so we called it good with one ride.
We also managed to fit in getting our Christmas Tree this weekend. Yes, I told you it was a packed weekend! Getting the tree was fun, but Xavier had pretty much had it with so much Christmas Cheer.
Wim Set-up the tree . . .
On Sunday, we all decorated the tree.
Josie Dong Dong really worked up an appetite decorating the tree. Her appetite was well served with a yummy chocolate turtle and a chocolate covered jelly treat at snack time.
No time for comments on these pictures, too busy eating chocolate.
Then we were back to our usual weekly routine.
A tired Josie waking up in the morning.

A surprise shot of Gabrielle bringing Josie in for breakfast.
A surprise shot of Gabrielle bringing Josie in for breakfast.
Josie Dong Dong calling Mommy at work today, during the snowstorm, to ask her when she is coming home to bake cookies.
1 comment:
Hi Reena,
Looks like you guys have been busy enjoying the holiday season! I hope your first Christmas with Josie is wonderful. I'm sure she will LOVE opening her presents.
Josie looks adorable. Her hair is getting so long. I thought Lily's had grown fast, but Josie's is longer!
Merry Christmas to you!
Rachel
Post a Comment