Sunday, September 27, 2009

Savoring the Taste of Fall . . .Sort of

What does one do on a rainy Sunday the day after picking apples?

Too obvious-- right?

Here are some pictures of Josie Dong Dong helping me make an apple pie.

I think she did more taste testing of everything than anything else. LOL.

"Mommy, I wanna eat'em"


"I eat dis one, Mommy."


"OOooo. I woll it myself!"


"MMMMmmmm! Taste Goooood!"



"I help Mommy!


After our hard labor and Josie's full 2-hour nap (YEAH!!!), it was time to tast the fruit of our labor (pun intended).

"Hmmmm. What dat?"



"I no wike it Mommy!"

So there we have it-- the honest truth from the mouth of babes-- Josie Dong Dong doesn't "wike it" Apple pie. To be truthfull, it isn't my favorite kind of pie either, but what the heck else were we going to do with so many apples?

You may notice that Josie is wearing her jammies. Last night when I put them on her I realized they are size 2T-- way-- WAY too small for her. She still wanted to wear them to bed. I told her they were too small and this would be the last time she could wear them. This morning she said wanted to wear them all day today. It was a rainy day and we had no plans to go anywhere. We had even decided to play hooky from Church (what vixens we are!). So, Josie got to wear her fuzzy reigndeer jammies one last time for a full 24-hours! She's still in them as I type.

No more news about Clara Rose, so we are still waiting. I did manage to get 20 more quilt squares sewn togher and another 20 are pinned and ready for thread. I hope to have those all sewn next weekend. Weekends, during Josie's nap, are really the only time I have to work on it.

1 comment:

Adrian Roberta said...

From the mouth of babes! lol