We've been pretty busy around our house lately and there is a lot of catching-up to do! I'll start with Josie's Birthday!
We are celebrating Josie's 3rd birthday this week and what a week it is!!! For starters, Josie has transitioned into the preschool room at her daycare. We had all anticipated the transition taking her longer based on our past experiences, but she actually transitioned fairly quickly into her new room. I think it helps that she now knows most of the kids in the preschool room because several of them were in her old room and transitioned earlier in the year. Josie actually completed her transition into the preschool room last week.
Yesterday, Josie's new room crowned her princess for the day complete with her very own crown-- her first crown I might add as Mommy isn't too fond of the princess themes. I have to admit Josie wore it well and had a splendid day. I arrived in the afternoon and we had a cupcake party in Josie's former classroom so she could formally say good bye to her friends and especially her teachers in that room. This was something Josie and I talked about and she said she wanted to do the cupcakes in her old room.
Shortly after we arrived in her old room and sat down, Josie whipped-off the princess tossed it to the floor, stating, "I no wanna were this!" I was quite proud!
Last night we had the family birthday party for Josie-- nothing too fancy: Mac-n-cheese with dogs and french fries. Josie loved opening her presents and even wanted to open them before eating her cupcakes.
"Yeah! Presents! I LOOOOVE Presents!"
Things got a little crazy after about the third present.
After presents, we all enjoyed some yummy cupcakes that Josie picked out at the bakery. So far, she always picks the same kind-- chocolate cake, cream topped, dipped in chocolate, topped with little plastic balloons.
After the cupcake feast, Josie invited her Jie Jie to a tea party with her new Kai Lan Tea Set from Auntie Andrada. Josie served tea to Jie Jie and her new Kai Lan Doll that we gave to her. Josie's Guh Guh (Xavier) made the crown that Josie is wearing in this picture.
Here is Josie being silly in her new Hello Kitty jammies.
Working backwards in time, the next few pictures are from the day before. Josie helped me make cupcakes for her party at school.
"I LOOOOVE Cakes!"
Of course we had to give them a test run before presenting them to the public.
Last and far from least, pictures from Halloween! This year is really a lot more action packed with the holidays. Josie really gets what is going on and is having a blast with everything.
We were using M&Ms as potty training tools and thought it was fitting for Josie to be and M&M for Halloween. Isn't she a cute little "M?"
Me and Josie heading out into the night to gather a few treats or pull a few tricks. I am wearing my trusty mouse ears and Josie made sure I had the tail on as well.
It didn't take Josie to figure out what the deal was and that folks were handing her candy!
"Trick or Treat"
Wim almost gave this poor woman a heart attack when he snapped the picture. He was staning to the side of the door and she hadn't noticed him. She jumped and screamed when he snapped the picture.
After about seven houses, Josie was ready to head home and eat some of her snacks.
"I LOOOOVE Candy-POP!"
Josie is having her big birthday party this weekend with her extended family and several friends. I'll try to get them posted sooner rather than later.
I am really close to finishing the quilt!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday to your little sweet pea! She is so precious! Keeping fingers crossed that your TA will show up soon!
Ohhh, happy 3rd birthday Josie! I loved reading about her transition into prek and b-day celebration; loved the M&M costume too. She looked so cute! And that poor woman that Wim-paloosa scared. Tee-hee. Anything happening on Clara front? Thinking about you all and sending big b-day hugs to Josie!
Post a Comment