Thursday, August 25, 2011

C'mon Irene!

I am officially tired of the weather!

This is the the third . . .

THIRD(!)

weekend in a row that bad weather has spoiled some seriously fun weekend plans!

Me and the girls had plans to go out of town this weekend with Nai Nai and meet-up with other family members-- most notably, the girls' cousins, Nate and Emily.

Then-- Along comes Hurricane Irene.

Isn't there a song, "C'mon Irene?"

I seem to recall dancing in a circle with several other people on a table to this song.
That was back in my fun Grad school days.
Hmm, I think I'll stop there since this is a public blog.

Josie was sooo disappointed-- when I told her the trip was being postponed.

I can't stand it!

Really-- tears and the whole works.

It was a HUGE boo-hoo!

Then Clara Rose started crying-- because of course . . .
Josie was crying.

I almost started crying too!

So, we did lunch at Taco Bell followed by a little bit of retail therapy later in the afternoon.

Tonight we have the big finish.

Chicken Fries and french fries coupled with lemonade for din-din.

The girls made a picnic of it in our living-room.


Next up-- assembling my backpacking tent in the living room.

Josie helped gather pillows to make a nice soft spot in the tent.

Next we filled the tent with their favorite cozies and lovies.

I've been saving this DVD for a special occasion and this seemed to be a fitting moment.

Oh Yeah!

Don't forget the GOODIES!!!

Snuggled in the their cozy tent with yummy treats and a good cartoon movie!


Mommy's turn!
I'm soooo pooped!

More to come over the next few days.

I've ascribed to a no-disclosure policy.  Everything is weather dependent and I have back-up plans.

Every day is going to be another big surprise.

I may not survive this weekend, but my little girls are going to have a GREAT time!

2 comments:

firegirl said...

I thought of you when I saw the weather! What a bummer! I am sorry the girls were sad. It looks like they had fun in there camp out. Love the pics! Stay safe. PS I love the dragon boat pics too! That was a fun day.
Michelle

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

Yea! good to know that i am not the only mom who lets her kids pitch a full size tent in the living room! now i know i am in good company! stay safe!