1. One has a good view of the actual dragon boat races; does not have the greatest arrangement for watching the various cultural performances that the girls and I also like to watch; requires a bit of a drive that is generally free of traffic.
2. One provides a good venue for watching the cultural shows; does not have a very good arrangement for being able to actually watch the dragon boat races; is close to our home and easy to get to.
3. One provides a good arrangement to see both the shows and the races but is a serious PITA for us to get to.
Here are pictures the one that is closest to our home.
This year was a special treat with Mr. Tom Chung who brought a 250-ft dragon kite to fly during the day. It was a very windy day, but they did manage to get the kite in the air a couple of times for a bit of air time.
The pictures of the kite are from the festival website.
It was really amazing to see this huge kite up in the air!
We didn't get to see any of the races.
We did get to see several of the performances, which is Josie's favorite part.
While watching some of the shows we enjoyed
eating some yummy mango fried rice and grilled Chicken.
Did I mention that it was really windy and Clara Rose was sporting
a super wind blown look!
Then we were off to the crafts area-- Clara Rose, Josie and their friends Carly and Claire
all enjoy crafting, especially Chinese themed crafts.
Claire and Clara Rose also tried out the Chinese yo-yos.
There was a troupe who performed a Chinese yo-yo show and it
was really amazing to watch them. I highly recommend seeing such a show to anyone
if you ever have the chance.
The girls and I had a great time watching the shows, making crafts, and playing with yo-yos.
It became to windy for some of the crafts and the girls brought one home--
for me to at the house.
The directions, are of course, in Mandarin and I am admittedly not the most crafty person.
I managed to figure it out.
Cute little Dragon!













1 comment:
Looks like so much fun! Wish we had this where we live.
Blessings~
Post a Comment