Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Last Outings of Summer

A recap of our last fun days in the summer--

The girls and I spent a fun evening with friends, Carly and Claire and their mommy,
running around the zoo.

Our zoo usually closes earlier in the day, but stays open late
on Saturday evenings during August.

Everyone had a great time and felt
super elated to be out after bed time-- at the ZOO! 

With August, the air temps become slightly less severe,
and we are finding ourselves going for more bike rides. 

I played hooky from work one friday afternoon
to take the girls to see a puppet band playing at Historical Mansion. 

They had a swinging good time! 



We met-up with a couple friends, Lilianna and Grace.

The girls had a fun time playing on the lavish grounds after the show--
that is, before the mosquitos chased us away! 

Playing at home with Phoebe  . . .

On our somewhat less lavish grounds. 

Josie and Clara Rose tried roller skating for the first time
at a birthday party. 
Josie lasted less than a minute.


Clara Rose did pretty good for her
first time and managed to skate
around the rink a couple times. 

Clara Rose, Grace, the Birthday Girl, and Josie. 

Now that Josie is in school, I thought
I should teach her one of my old-time favorite parts of Academia . . .

Playing Hooky!
We haven't had the greatest summer for going to the beach and this past
Friday was such a lovely day!


I really like summer, but this one-- I am kind of happy to see it go.

The weather has been unpredictable.

Josie's been stung twice-- once by a yellow jacket and another time by a wasp.

The dog managed to get fleas despite the fact that we treat her with anti-tick and flea meds.

Clara Rose seems to be a major food source for mosquitos this year,
despite any kind of bug spray we use!

The hand, mouth, and foot virus.

I am ready for deep freeze to kill off all these pests!

No comments: