Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Space! The Final Frontier!

Our last touring day of D.C. we all headed into the National Mall area yet again.

The first and primary stop for me, Clara Rose, and Josie was the
National Air and Space Museum.

Wim, Gabrielle, and Xavier also came to this museum, but blew through it fairly quickly
and then moved on to some of the other museums.

Josie and Clara Rose really enjoyed this museum.

They liked it more than the Natural History Musuem,
but said the Zoo was their favorite.

Once again, I had my hands full simply keeping track of them
and taking pictures upond demand.

I think this was the space hatch (door)
to one of the shuttles or Apollos  . . .

The driving controls for one of the
shuttles or Apollos. 

This museum also has several rooms or 'wings'
and lots of airplanes on display--hanging from the ceiling.

You are able to go in several of them! 

The Pilot area of a large passenger airplane.

We went to this museum on a Saturday and
there were lots of craft table with aviation
themed crafts set-up throughout the museum. 

Among other crafts, the girls made an aviator scarf. 

This room had a humongous murial
of several types of place throughout the
years flying in the sky.

It was really awesome! 

One of the rooms is basically a kids
museum with many different type of interactive
displays that kids (an adults) can try out.

We probably spent close to an hour in this room.

Josie and Clara Rose had a blast trying out all
the differnt stuff. 

There were so many different rooms with
really awesome displays! 


This room had a running large screen movie
of a shuttle being blasted into space.

The girls got to pretent they were
Flight Directors at NASA. 

I think we spent clost to five hours at this museum
and I pretty much had to drag them out.

There was one more sight I wanted us to see on this trip.

And just a few blocks away, we found it. 

It was an awesome sight-seeing trip!

The girls amazed me!

We planned this trip without any big expectations.
I've been to D.C and I knew it would be a lot of walking.

I had told Wim that he and the big kids could go and do whatever and we would
meet for lunches here and there and I'd take care of Josie and Clara Rose.

They walked and walked (and talked and talked) for three solid days 
without any whining or complaining.

No comments: