Monday, February 4, 2008

Introducing Our Little Girl

Here she is!

Isn't she lovely?

Isn't she precious?
Isn't she wonderful?

Chinese Name: Shao Fu Dong (last name, First name, middle name)

Soon to be: Josie Orangelee FuDong Chase

Birthdate: November 10, 2006, she is 15 months old.

Province: Guang Dong
Measurements taken on 11/23/2007:

Weight: 19.8 lbs. (this likely includes several layers of clothes to keep warm)

Length: 27.56 in

Head: 17.23 in

Chest: 18.11 in

Other information:

She is starting to teeth, is a moderate sleeper, actively crawls, walks while holding onto something, can pick up small objects with her thumb and index finger, imitates words, responds to people when spoken to, likes toys and loves to play.

We are more than ecstatic to say the least!

We will get the formal adoption package in the mail on Wednesday. Needless to say, I am taking that day off from work (Have I ever mentioned that I have a pretty cool boss?).
We do not know when we will travel yet. There is more paperwork that needs to be completed. It will likely be about 6-weeks from now.
Stay tuned for future updates!

47 comments:

Princess Leah said...

We are ecstatic for you! Finally, Josie is on her way and your torturous wait is over. Her birthday is 1 day after Leah and they are from the same province. Guangdong babies are sweet. Love and blessings, Shawn, Mindy and Leah

Mendy said...

She is adorable and I love her smile! Congratulations!
Mendy
RQ poster

Mutha Mae said...

OH THAT FACE! What a sweetie! Congrats to you!

eastandwest said...

What a beauty! I thought for a minute with the mirror that there were two. She's too sweet. Here's to speedy TA.

Tara
Charleston SC
RQ addict

eastandwest said...

What a beauty! I thought for a minute with the mirror that there were two. She's too sweet. Here's to speedy TA.

Tara
Charleston SC
RQ addict

Kim said...

She is just adorable! I love the mugshot picture :)

Tracy said...

Very, very cute! CONGRATS!

Georgia said...

She looks so happy! Beautiful girl!

Unknown said...

She is just adorable!! Love that face! :) Congrats, it's such a wonderful feeling!! We also play "Isn't She Lovely?" about our daughter, too.

Kathi

Christy said...

She is precious!!! I love her smile and she is just amazing!! She is just 13 days younger than my daughter and this is such a fun age. YOu will love it!!! If you have any quesions about size etc, let me know. My daughter is 15 months, 29.5 inches and 17.11 pounds. Your dd probably is goiing to be about the same. Im so happy for you. Please let me know if you have any qustions.

Christy :)

AG'smoma said...

What a cutie!! She does look like a happy little girl, love those cheeks!

Cris
LID 1/4/06

Nancy said...

Congratulations! Those are by far the best referral pics I have ever seen and I have adopted 4 times in 8 years so I have seen a lot!

Nancy
an RQ friend who lurks for my sister that has an LID of 8/2006!

Deb said...

Congrats! She is adorable!

Special K said...

Congratulations! She looks so happy. Love the smiley pic.

Krista
LID 6-14-06

Caroline said...

That has got to be one of the cutest mug shot pics I have ever seen! She looks so happy and the pics of her in the orphanage look like she's well taken care of. Congratulations!

Michelle said...

Awww...congratulations!! Just connected here through an e-mail you sent--she is so adorable!

Rachel said...

Reena,
Congratulations! She's adorable> What a great smile!

DiJo said...

Oh my, she is LOVELY!!!! What a doll! She looks so happy! Enjoy every minute of this very special time! The rest goes fast! Soon you will be in China awaiting to hold that adorable bundle!!!
Blessings,
Diana
5/8/07 - Ruby Tuesday for Ruby Mei

Anonymous said...

She is both lovely and precious. Congratulations!!!! This is awesome. We know it's been a very long wait. Love,
Aunt Sandy and Uncle Dave

Lisa said...

What a beautiful baby. Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

She is just precious! Happy referral day!
Stephanie
forksandchopsticks.wordpress.com

Kristy said...

She is absolutely priceless and precious, God bless all of you.

Love, Kristy

kitchu said...

My gosh she is ADORABLE!!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful, Congratulations! I can't wait to follow your journey.
Stephanie
www.vietnamtochina.blogspot.com/

JMCS said...

Congrats! What a beautiful daughter you have. This is just the start of all the fun days. I have my fingers crossed for a quick TA. I hope time flies.

Hugs,
Jonni
:)

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! What a happy baby! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

yay! so exciting! i'm so happy for you and can't wait to hear more! she's lovely, precious, wonderful, and more! keep us updated!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh... to cute...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful and we are so happy to welcome to our family. Love, Aunt Ceile and Uncle Marty

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful and we are so happy to welcome her into our family!! Love, Ceile and Marty

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaaaay! We are so happy for you guys : ) She is wonderful, looks like a happy little soul...
I can't wait to go buy clothes now. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.
This is just so exciting!
love, Becky, Bob, Nate, and Emily

Kayce said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Anonymous said...

OHHHHH IM SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!!! I CANT BELIEVE YOUR WAIT IS ALMOST OVER! I GOT CHILLS WHEN I SAW HER PICTURES!!!

rhonni

Cherith said...

Aw look at that smile. Congratulations!

Gina (Caleeo) said...

Congratulations! She is adorable! Just 8 days younger than our DD,

Lesa said...

Congratulations again!! I just love her smile.

Lesa
LID June 19,06

Anonymous said...

She is Gorgeous!!
I love your blog-- I am from the APC group (our LID is 8/29/06).. Congrats and good luck!!!!

Kelly in NC

Anonymous said...

Congrats! She is adorable!! And she looks healthy, most importantly.
I thought my dd's referral weight was wrong too...until I got to China & they handed me a 24 lb baby (at 10 mos old!) You never know. Congrats again & wishing you a wonderful journey!

Ava Baby said...

What a sweetheart, Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She certailny looks like a happy little girl. Love,Amy and Blake

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful. We are also adopting from China. Would you mind if I sortof borrowed and paraphrased your "important posts"? Those are some of the same things that I've been struggling with how to share with friends and family and you say them so well! Please email me if it's okay.
bjennlee@yahoo.com

Thanks a bunch,
Jennifer
www.leefamilybabyblog.blogspot.com

Neus said...

Congratulations family!
She´s a lovely sweet girl!
Neus from Spain

http://elblogdepolimarclong.spaces.live.com/

the mommy said...

She is absalutly fantastic congratulations she is beautiful.....

Hugs
Susan

Karen said...

Congratulations!!!! She is beautiful.

Kim said...

What a cutie pie. Love her smile!! Congratulations!!!

manuela said...

Enorabuena Familia!!!!

Teneis una hija preciosa!!

Un abrazo desde Murcia España.

Manuela
5 enero 2006

manuela said...

Enorabuena Familia!!!! Congratulations!!

Teneis una hija preciosa!!

Un abrazo desde Murcia España.

Manuela
5 enero 2006