Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day

Hi Everyone,

We've been pretty busy with more Doctor appointments this week-- lots more tears!

So far everything is checking out OK with Miss Josie Dong Dong. We have one more Dr. appointment later this month to go over her blood work and fill out forms for day care. Hopefully, she won't need any more shots.

Her night time schedule has not changed too much. I am still sleeping in her room during the week and Wim sleeps in her room on the weekend so I can get some consistent rest. Josie typically wakes only once during the night-- usually between midnight and 1:00 am-- something about the witching hour. On a usually night I can get her back to sleep in about 30- minutes. On a really good night it only takes about 10-minutes. Some nights, she simply cannot settle to sleep. She seems to want to go back to sleep but tosses and turns for up to 2 hours. Lately I've found that if I pick her up and hold her really REALLY tight so she cannot move around, she will fall back asleep sooner. We'll see how this tactic works.

Mother's Day weekend was awesome! We kicked it off on Saturday with a trip to ImPossible Dream. I think I mentioned this park in an earlier post. As you can see from the pictures-- it was a brisk day here in Rhode Island. Nothing like a cold Spring day in New England!



Josie playing on a little tricycle at the park.










It looks like Daddy gave her a good push on the dolphin swing. Josie really likes this swing-- she gives it kisses, but she is almost too big to ride in it.












The slide is definitely a favorite for her. She is all smiles and giggles when we put her at the top.









She finally pushed herself down the slide and really caught herself off guard. Once she caught her breath she wanted to go back to the top and slide some more.







Back at home Josie Dong Dong begged Daddy for some of his apple. She really is a Daddy's girl if food is involved!










We spent the rest of the day playing with Josie and her toys. A toy of choice this day was her Little People Farm. She likes to move the rooster and listen to the Old McDonald song that plays.










On Sunday, Mother's Day, we went to church. This was our first time going to church since we returned home from China.











Doesn't she look like the perfect little church-girl?
Church went mostly OK. She fussed a little bit here and there. We brought a few toys and some snacks (of course). The service ran into her snack time which is followed by her nap, so we left just as the service was ending.













I think all the preaching and singing really wore-out Josie. Here she is shortly after we put her in the van after church-- with one of her favorite sleep buddies.
After Church we went to a local nursery so I could pick out my Mother's Day present-- a dogwood tree and some shrubs for our yard. Josie did wake up for this trip and seemed to enjoy strolling around looking at all the flowers and trees.










I don't think Josie was quite expecting to be sharing her seat with a tree, which turned into yet another-- thumb-sucking moment.









Once we got home, Josie changed into some play clothes and gave me her card.











We spent the rest of the afternoon playing with her toys. Josie really likes her Little People sets-- this one is the Zoo (Mommy likes the Little People sets too!).









This toy is a series of animals that link together with a rope to their tails. The first one is an elephant and when Josie pulls his rope-trunk he plays a funky circus song and then makes either an elephant trumpet noise or a monkey sound.
Josie really seems to like toys that play happy tunes-- And, NO, they are not getting on my nerves.


Below are some random shots from the week of Josie being her usual ham bone self.



Getting out of the bath all duded up in her yellow duckie towel.
















Josie likes to have her teeth brushed-- or as I call them-- her toofers! I use a soft brush that fits over my finger. Josie loves the baby toothpaste! Here she is being silly after I brushed her toofers-- sucking on her toothbrush.








She is so funny! She totally cracks herself up.






One shot of sweet slumbers-- Josie taking a little nap.
Love,
Reena

2 comments:

Jena said...

Josie is looking awesome! You guys sound like you're doing great. We had a day at the park, too, on Mother's Day and really just relaxed. We're thinking about you! xo, Jena, Clay, Caroline and Adrian

dawnmanuel said...

Rena,

Thank you so much for your prayers. I get to glimpse at your blog now and then. We have been non stop since we have gotten home from China. Literally every weekend so I don't get as much time as I would like to see how everyone is doing and update my own blog.
You all look great. Josie looks so happy. We really miss seeing you all. I hope that one day we will be able to have a reunion if possible.

Love,
Dawn and Family