Lots of exciting stuff has been happening this week. To begin, Josie got her first piece of mail. She was very disappointed that I would not let her play with it.
She is also cutting two of her molars. Surprisingly, she hasn't been very cranky about it, but that could change at any moment. I am also thinking this may be one reason why she had so much trouble napping last week.
This week's nap schedule is going much better. She is now doing one nap a day (unless we go on a longish drive-- then she is out like a light).
She still is not sleeping through the night, but this week has been much better than last. I think it is more me getting use to it than anything else.
Despite the teeth cutting and sleep issues, Josie has been having lots of fun this week and she's been very busy.
She really thought she was hot stuff in this little outfit. Daddy had to walk her back to her room to get dressed.
Next on her agenda, How do Mommy's shoes fit me? Notice she is putting them on the wrong feet.
In the end, she figured out they were too big for her and offered them back to me.
I guess she had a purpose for trying out different footwear. The next thing we knew, she was dragging her walking and riding toys all over the living-room. I guess she couldn't decide which one she wanted because she held on to both for nearly an hour-- dragging them all over!
Check out her stance! The little tongue and her foot up on the walker-- does she look satisfied with herself or what!
This is a picture of her acting like a jailer. She has figured out how to shut the gate between the living-room and the kitchen. She loves to go into the kitchen and then shut the gate. Then she rattles the gate and yells.
Most exciting, Josie is really and truly trying to walk! She started really going at it earlier this week. She stands up on her own and then takes 3 to 5 steps. Last night she took about 8 steps before she crashed into me.
When she first started, she would only try to walk in the evenings and while we were watching her. Wim and I refer to this as her drunk personality-- she looses her inhibitions because she is getting tired and she gets loopy-- so she staggers around the house.
Yesterday, she started try to walk all over the place-- without anything to help her. Lots of falls, lots of tears, but she always gets back up and goes at it again. She is one determined little girl!
We really have to keep an eye on her now.
She gets so excited with accomplishment that she starts laughing and breathing hard, which causes her to lose her balance and fall.
I think she starting to figure that out, because now sometimes, you can tell she is excited, but is trying to maintain her composure so she doesn't fall.
She's amazing, not that I am biased or anything.
Love,
Reena
5 comments:
Let me just say 'rock on Josie-girl!'. I am blown away by how much she has accomplished in just a few weeks after coming home. I can't wait to see her again! What a little joy she is. The more I see and hear about her, the more I can't help but think she is on her way to becoming a 'Reena Jr.'. Lucky girl, lucky mommy.
love,
Becky
Hi Reena (and Wim!)
It's great seeing Josie so happy and walking around! I just had to tell you this: I hung up the two photographs that Veronica gave us in my classroom. My students (5th graders) love looking at the Red Couch picture. One of their favorite babies is Josie!! They love hearing the story of when she took a nap on me. :)
Hope each day continues to be full of smiles and laughter!
:)
Paige
that's too funny - my daughter, Ada, does the same thing! i think she could probably walk pretty well, if she didn't get so darn excited in the middle of the whole process and start laughing and bouncing! they are so silly. josie seems to be a very bright little girl!
She is such a pistol! Congrats on the walking and on the improved napping sked and thanks so much for the words of encouragement about my latest posting. We really wish we could do something about the map and move Rhode Island and Austin closer together! xo, Jena
Congratulations on the walking Josie! Reena - before you know it she'll be wanting to walk ALL the time, even when you want to hurry somewhere!
Glad all is going well - its great to see Josie so happy!
Post a Comment