Sunday, November 9, 2008

Josie's Birthday Week

Hi Everyone,

Little Josie Dong Dong turns 2 years old on Monday, November 10th. I am taking the day off from work to spend with her.

I am teaching Josie an old favorite saying of mine about birthdays-- it goes like this . . .

It's my birthday-week!

Emphasis on the week!

In keeping with this, we are having a fun filled week.

To kick it off, Saturday we had big fun with the China Care play group at Brown University. Josie has big baby fun playing with the other kids and especially the University kids. This month's theme was cooking and we made scallion pancakes.



"Mommy, can you help me flatten the pancake dough?"


After cooking it was fun games of Simon says and Red light Green light.






































Daddy gave Josie a big lift across campus back to our van after the festivities.



Josie always naps before the big China Care play date, and while she was napping, Mommy and Daddy seized the opportunity to prep Josie our living-room/Josie's playroom for her big birthday toy--- a Step 2 play Kitchen!

It was ready and waiting for her when we got home from the China Care playdate and I have to say, it was an excellent choice.

Josie absolutely loves it!

Her whole face lit up when she saw it and she spent most of the next 2 hours playing with it-- she only took a few intermittent seconds out while playing to run and give mommy hugs and kisses for her new toy.

She was all laughs and giggles as played with the microwave and discovered the turkey roasting in the oven.
"Hi Everybody! Welcome to Josie's kitchen."



"I'm frying a fish for dinner."












"What is in here?"






"It's a turkey!"















































Today after church we had big fun at the City Park on the Bay playing with Josie's friend Angeline and her mommy. They started off having fun on the swings.
"Weeeeeee!"

Next they moved on to the slides and had fun taking turns sliding down.


















To end, here is a cute little video of Gabrielle trying to get Josie to dance.




Stay Tuned-- More of Josie's Birthday Week events are to follow. Her big party is next weekend!

Reena

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday to Josie! I totally agree on the birthday week thing - there's the school birthday, the family birthday, the friend birthday, etc....

I hope she has a great first birthday with her family.

Give her a hug and a kiss from Lily and I!

Rachel

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Josie Dong Dong! I am so excited that you are turning two--I like to celebrate for a whole week at least! Enjoy your new kitchen and your fun birthday week. Audrey turns two Dec. 2 so we are not far behind you.
Love her long hair--I hope Audrey's will grow soon.
Lori

Anonymous said...

The pix of Josie and her new kitchen speaks volumes...what a wonderful, happy birthday face it is! Calls for smooches on those yummy cheeks.
The video of the dancing Chase sisters just tickles my fancy...keep on trying Gabrielle!