We are enjoying a bright and sunny, albeit briskly cold, Easter Sunday.
It is a quiet Easter for us this year- Wim, Josie Dong Dong, and I, but we are definitely making the most of it!
Josie knew something special was coming up with a bunny because everyone at her baby school has been talking about ALL week and we have been reading special Easter stories at home as well.
Saturday-morning was spent decorating eggs and Josie Dong Dong had a great time coloring eggs. She squealed in delight when we took the eggs out of the dye and she saw how pretty they were.
"We're coloring eggs for Easter!"
"Look at my pretty eggs!"
I explained to Josie that the Easter Bunny likes to play games. My experience with him is that he will hide my colored eggs and then I have to find them. He also leaves fun presents!
Josie was quite happy on Sunday morning to find present from the Easter Bunny and her very own new yard chair.
Uh oh! The egg carton is empty! Josie Dong Dong will have to find her eggs!
As soon as we returned home from Church, the hunt was on and Josie Dong Dong knew exactly what to do!


"I'm finding all my eggs that the Easter Bunny hid."
Josie Dong Dong showed off her multi-tasking skills by munching on jelly beans while still hunting for eggs.
"The Easter Bunny hid extra eggs with Candy in them!"
After Josie Dong Dong found all of her eggs, she put them right back where they belonged-- in the egg crate!
"I'm putting you back where I left you!"
Josie enjoyed the Easter Egg Hunt. Shortly after she was done she announced that she wanted her dress and shoes off! She wanted her pants and her new blue cheap-o croc knock-offs. She saw these crocs at Walmart and ABSOLUTELY HAD TO HAVE THEM.
After changing into her comfy attire, Josie Dong Dong kicked back in her knew chair.
"Happy Easter!"
2 comments:
Reena,
Josie is so cute in her Easter Dress! We don't really celebrate Easter here, but I wanted to color eggs with Lily, but never got hte chance. We might do it just for fun this week!
Lily saw some Dora crocs she had to have in Target a few weeks ago. Howeer, after walking around the store in them for about 5 minutes, she changed her mind!
Have a good Easter!
Rachel
Reena,
I love the photos of your Josie!
And, thank you for sharing the mission of our Josie!
Blessings,
Robbie
Post a Comment