I'm Getting a Baby Sister???
We have decided that we will stick with China as our preference is for Josie and her new sibling to have a similar birth culture as well as be close in age.
We decided to adopt through China's waiting child program which matches parents with children who have medical needs or who are older and considered hard to place because of their age. The adoption process through this program is much quicker than the healthy under 2-years program.
We currently have pre-approval to adopt a little girl who is 15-months old and who has microtia atresia (malformed ears). Her medical condition is correctable by surgery and other than this issue, her medical and development report indicates she is a healthy little girl.
She is currently living in an orphanage located in Tianjin, which is just outside of Beijing.
She is 1 year and 2 months younger than Josie.
Josie's full name, Josephine Orangelee-Fudong has strong family ties and is linked to her Chinese name. We want Josie and her new sibling to share the same name form.
Clara is for one of Wim's great-grandmothers (and a name that I have always liked). My maternal great grandmothers had floral names. There is also an adoption story with my great grandmothers that I will save for another day.
If everything continues to move along as well as it has, we think we will have this paperwork, the dossier, ready to submit by early August and travel in early January.
You're Kidding!
Wow!
I want the full scoop!
Wim and I have decided to add to our family one more time.
We began the paperwork process about a month ago while we looked at our options. The wait to adopt a healthy child under the age of two from China is currently a little over three years and growing.
We have decided that we will stick with China as our preference is for Josie and her new sibling to have a similar birth culture as well as be close in age.
We decided to adopt through China's waiting child program which matches parents with children who have medical needs or who are older and considered hard to place because of their age. The adoption process through this program is much quicker than the healthy under 2-years program.
We currently have pre-approval to adopt a little girl who is 15-months old and who has microtia atresia (malformed ears). Her medical condition is correctable by surgery and other than this issue, her medical and development report indicates she is a healthy little girl.
She is currently living in an orphanage located in Tianjin, which is just outside of Beijing.
She is 1 year and 2 months younger than Josie.
We plan to name her: Clara Roselee-Chinese name
Josie's full name, Josephine Orangelee-Fudong has strong family ties and is linked to her Chinese name. We want Josie and her new sibling to share the same name form.
Clara is for one of Wim's great-grandmothers (and a name that I have always liked). My maternal great grandmothers had floral names. There is also an adoption story with my great grandmothers that I will save for another day.
Our agency has told us that China typically issues the formal approval, referral, 4-5 months after a family submits the formal dossier (big huge packet of official paperwork in which every document is individually signed, notarized, certified, authenticated and then signed in blood). Travel is typically 6-weeks after the referral.
If everything continues to move along as well as it has, we think we will have this paperwork, the dossier, ready to submit by early August and travel in early January.
We will post pictures when we receive her referral.
4 comments:
How exciting! I know someone who knows someone who has the same condition, so I was just reading about it the other day, ironically! Sounds like the condition has great outcomes with surgery. So happy for you guys & the kids. I think that'll be a really fun age for Josie to get a new playmate. I know Ada would sure love to have someone to boss around, I am sure Josie will have a blast showing her new sister the ropes and getting to be the BIG sister this time around.
Hey Reena, this is such great news!!! I am so happy for your family. You know our two children are 14 months apart just like your two daughters will be. It is really great that they are so close in age as they can share the same interests (we have a boy and girl so that doesn't always hold true but they play together so well most of the time I should say!!). Being so close in age does pose it challenges at times but it is alot of fun having the kids close in age. Talk to you soon!!!!!
Wendy
I am so happy and excited for you guys!!! Josie will be a great big sister! I can't wait until you get to bring her home.Congratulations!
Grace is excited too!
Michelle
Reena, you know I'm so excited for you. Congrats!!
Post a Comment