Saturday, August 1, 2009

Silly Summer Fun

Yippeeeee!!! We are finally DTC! July 31st!!! I am closer to bringing home my baby sister!!!!



This is our biggest news and while we had hoped to be at this stage a few weeks ago, we are very happy to finally have all our paperwork in order and on its way to China.


Josie Dong Dong and the rest of us are finding fun ways to keep busy while we wait for our official LID- log in date from China.

Here is Josie in her "muscle-man" swim suit.













I love this suit! I can be more independent in the pool!!












Josie is happy to have Gabrielle helping her in the pool. They have lots of fun together. Josie refers to the googles as "the nose glasses."


Wim and I took Josie to a little carnival themed fund raiser at our YMCA. The place was much busier than we had thought it would be. We ended up parking quite a ways up a hill in the woods
of the YMCA camp. Josie really enjoyed the ride on Daddy's shoulders through the woods. It was all down hill-- until we had to go back to the van.


There was a small petting zoo with mostly lizards and snake like creatures. Josie wasn't too interested in those. But she did enjoy the bunny rabbit.














After the animals it was time to really get the party started. Josie Dong Dong loved getting her hair-do done up with green and pink sparkly hair spray.



Next it was time for some tattoos- Josie Dong Dong wanted two so she could have one on both arms. That is her big thing now-- she always has to have "both."



We worked up an appetite and headed over to the cookie decorating table. It was the Yummiest in town.














Wim asked Josie if he could have a bit and she politely said, "No. It my favowite."


A sure sign of a good cookie-- how much is smeared around the lips.

Yup! This was a good one!









Saturday Wim, Gabrielle, Josie and I headed out to Buttonwood Farms. They grow fields of Sunflowers and once a year before the harvest they hold a fundraiser for the Make a Wish Foundation. We all had a great time going for a hayride, playing with sunflowers, and eating some of the best home made ice-cream ever!!!!

OK, Gabrielle is prettier than the flower-- but the flower is taller.





Josie liked riding in the farm truck. We got to feed some cows while on the hay ride as well.








"This is a really big flower!"
After the hay ride we decided to go for a little stroll through the sunflower field.











"I want a picture with Mommy sitting next to me."








Nothing like fields of Sunflowers to bring out the Kodak moment!





"I want to dwive it Jie Jie."












"This is fun, but it's hot. I'm ready to go home and swim!"

No comments: