I had all kinds of plan for this morning, but I ran into one tiny little problem-- I forgot that today starts Daylight Savings. I didn't actually forget, I set all the clocks etc., I simply forgot how hard it is to get up and get going in the morning. So instead of all my plans, today turned into an all day jammie day for me and the girls.
Josie and Clara Rose are very into wearing tights these days. As soon as Josie gets home from Preschool, she rips off her pants and puts on some tights to run around in. Of course, Clara Rose follows suit and is never far behind, but she tends to add a tutu to her outfit.
So today, for them is a jammie top and tights day.
All I can say is Lady Ga Ga watch out and meet the Ladies Goo Goo!
Clara rose and her baby panda this morning. She is wearing her jammie top, blue tights with poodles on them, a pink tutu, Gabrielle's old sandal flops. She also has on her purple Dora backpack but it is not visible from this direction.
Josie prefers to jazz it up a bit. She is wearing her Blue jammie top with bright red tights. She has her beloved piggy and is also wearing a purple Dora backpack not visible.
The girls were a bit on edge, which tends to put me on edge-- what to do? Quick, I broke out some playdough and most of our accessories. The girls were really excited. I am so glad I reserve things like that for rainy, yucky days. It makes things so much easier.
This is really a burger machine, but Josie refers to it as a cookie machine.
Josie was very into making a bunch of cookies. She made a whole plate full for me, another for Wim, and even gave a couple to Clara Rose. Of course, I am sure Phoebe managed to sneak a few. Oh well, it is non-toxic and it makes picking up her poop in the yard A LOT easier!
Clara Rose having fun with playdough.
The girls had a yummy lunch-- a little before thier body time, but I did manage to get them up a little earlier than usual, so it all worked out-- inlcuding getting them down for their nap at about the usual clock time.
Getting them up after their nap wasn't so easy. Here is Josie,
"Hey! I am still tired!"
"What do you mean it is time to get up?"
I did what any good mom in my position would do-- I bribed them with an offer to make real cookies!
"Look Mommy, I made a cookie ball! These are going to be delicious!"
Clara Rose is a little on the prissy side, so I had to help her make balls from the cookie dough.
"When can we eat them?"
It is a good thing it doesn't take long to bake cookies. I almost had a mutiny on my hands!
Once done, the girls happily enjoyed the cookies "they" made while watching, Yi Ya, a chinese cartoon that is a favorite of Clara Rose.
No comments:
Post a Comment