Friday, March 26, 2010

Sisterly Love

After all the bouts of jealousy and acting out from Josie, I think we are finally reaching a plateau of sorts.  There is still some bickering and fighting between the girls. Clara Rose now tends to dish some of it back to Josie and even initiates it at times. It is much less than before and these instances tend to be less intense when they do happen.

More importantly, we are seeing a lot more playing and caring for each other between Josie and Clara Rose--- or should I say between Josie and her "baby-momma" as she likes to call Clara Rose.  If Clara Rose gets hurt, Josie is usually right there offering her comfort (provided she wasn't the cause of distress).


"You OK 'baby momma' I take care o'you."

"I kiss you and make you feel better."

Josie is usually right there to offer a hand to Clara Rose to help her walk up stairs, jump, dance etc.
The girls dancing to one of their most favorite DVDs, Sing and Dance with Mei Mei.



Yes, the girls are wearing tights instead of pants. Tights are all the rage in our house these days. As soon as Josie gets home, she rips off her pants and jumps into some tights to play, dance, and be her typical funny-pants self. Clara Rose isn't one to be left out or outdone by her big sis, so she is right there with her.




Josie also likes to help feed Clara Rose, which is actually helpful. Josie tends to woof her food down and Clara Rose sometimes likes to fuss with her food-- unless of course, her big sis is feeding her. 

Although, I'm not sure how much of the food Clara Rose actually eats versus wears.



Regardless, all of it has done wonders for bonding between my two girls, who in addition to actively bickering with each other, now also actively play together, give hugs to each other, kisses, and a helping hand.

I am one happy and lucky Mommy!

No comments: