Monday, March 8, 2010

A Little of This , A Little of That

So much to do with the girls, especially Clara Rose-- I don't know what we are going to do when I return to work in the next few weeks.  I am spending lots of time throughout the morning working with Clara Rose and her speech. So far she can say: more, mine, bwink for drink, uhhh for up, no (thanks Josie), nong nong for Dong Dong and O-E for Josie and ata for Daddy; plus the regular Mommy.

The girls are doing better interacting, although there are moments (!); I know, I know, get use to it because they will always be here. We're down from days (of a moment) to no more than half a day if Josie really in a mood.

Josie has taken on more the role of big sister and playing Mommy.

Josie feeding her baby Clara Rose.


The girls playing in Josie's crib after their nap.

Josie has also started swim lessons and dance lessons. She likes the swimming much better, but still needs for me to with her in the water during class. She is able to do all the skills and then some for the class-- really she is ready for the next class in terms of the technical skills, but she is not socially ready-- she still wants mommy with her. She did let the intsructor take her around the pool on a mat and she enjoyed that. She screamed her head off the first week of class when they did that.  Her first dance class didn't go so well. She pretty much stuck to me and didn't do much. Wim took her this time and actually dropped her off. She was fine and danced 25 minuted of the 45 minute class. Maybe she'll become more interested as time goes by.

Josie in dance class. She refused to wear the tutu she "Had" to have.

We have a membership to a local Children's Museum and I am trying to take the girls one afternoon/evening per week.

Playing on the sail ship

Playing in the grocery store

Playing on the Tree Slide

Everyone's Fave-- the STEAMROLLER




Another favorite, colored translucent building blocks and shape peices on a lighted table.
They really look like they are glowing.



I am going to try and post at least once a week until the last week of March, when I return to work-- barring hitting it big in the Lottery. After that, I'm not sure how often I will be able to post. Aside from Josie's activities, Gabrielle and Xavier are taking fencing. Wim and I also have to figure out how we are going to fit in Special time to work with Clara Rose on language and speach development.

I expect that we will not have too much left over time.

1 comment:

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

It sounds like things are progressing for Clara Rose, and the sisterly love is coming along. Thanks for keeping the blog up, it's nice to have some one I can compare notes with since we traveled at the same time and our daughters are close in age.
Take care!