Sunday, July 10, 2011

Surf's Up Dude!

Another spectacular day at the beach brought about a new development--

It started off like any other ordinary spectacular beach day.

We arrived at the beach a bit later in the day than we typically shoot for and were not able to find a space (large enough) for all of us close to the water. This ended up being a good thing as you will later see.

We ate lunch soon after arriving and Josie was chilling under the sun umbrella.
I'm hot-- time to head to the water!
 The waves were ginormous! Some more so than others and we didn't realize it at first-- how quickly the waves were actually rolling in.

I know-- we go to the beach all the time, we should have known!

There was much wave jumping and the next thing I knew . . .
 Josie was body surfing the waves-- seriously-- I didn't have my camera to start , which actually I probably would have lost the camera if I did have it at the time because I made a dive for her thinking she been slammed by a wave.




 But there she was all giggles and excited-- yelling-- "I did it! I did it!"
 Because, you know, Daddy and Jie Jie body surf all the time at the beach!

Clara Rose Watching Jie Jie-- that is her head in the middle.

FYI: Josie did NOT body surf a ginormouse wave like the one in the background.
We don't even carry the girls out past our waists when the ocean is like this.

Josie body surfed a waves like the one in foreground-- still quite the accomplishment!
Wow! Those are Biiiig Waves!

 Clara Rose was pretty wound up with all the waves, body surfing, and general fun!
 The three mermaids sitting ashore watching the big waves roll in.
They were about 5 to 9 feet.


 Jose body surfing with Jie Jie, what a great big sis! 
(a bit closer to shore than Jie Jie usually does it).
Duh, all the time we were playing in the waves, sitting closer to the tide and lauging as the waves rolled in-- all over us. We completely missed the fact that all the people between the tide and our beach-spot had moved-- BeeeeCauuuse . . .

The Tide had come up that far!
We totally felt like tourists!

1 comment:

maat890 said...

What a fun day at the beach.

We missed all of you at the reunion and hope to see you next year.

Mary Ann