A trip to a nearby place that houses various kinds of marine animals for research (I think). It is kind of like a big aqaurium store- excpet the animals are not for sale and there are a few areas where you can hold/pet some of the animals-- including . . .
SHARKS!
The girls tentatively checking out the baby shark tank.
OK.
Clara Rose-- not so tentatively reaching in to pet a shark like the other kids.
After which Josie yells at me across the tank, "MOMMY! Come HERE!"
Of course, I'm trying to get a picture with my oh soooo wonderful photo skills-- not to be compared to my mommy skills . . ..
Josie says to me-- "I want you to put your hand in first."
She's no dummy that's for sure!
Josie and I petted the baby sharks together.
No pictures of course.
A tortoise.
Josie was in the spirit-- lots of fishy faces . . .
A blow fish face.
It was a fun excursion for a very rainy day!
Different Aquarium-- much bigger- between the size of the place pictured about and Sea World.
Ha ha.
We planed this trip about a month ago-- to play hooky and enjoy the place without a big weekend crowd.
It has a Ray petting pool.
We were the only ones there for about 15-20 minutes.
A Beluga Whale is being fed way off in the far left.
Josie is all about Jellyfish these days.
There is a jellyfish room at this aquarium and we hit it twice.
They even have pink moon jellyfish!
In front of the shark tank.
Clara Rose asked if she could pet them.
Uuuuuh, NO!
A sea turtle came down and said hi.
Saying hi to the Beluga Whale again.
Josie was thrilled when she said "hi" back!
After lunch, I bribed the girls with promises that they could pick out a stuffed animal from the gift store
if they were good walking through a Titanic diplay.
"Would you like a picture here Mommy?"
"Ooooo, this looks like a good place for a picture."
What a bathtub might look like today that was on the titantic.
Clara Rose found where she could press all the alarms and flashing lights.
I'm not sure how true this part is to the actual Titanic (I could only read so much going through the exhibit)--
But it sure was a hit with the girls!




















No comments:
Post a Comment