The entire family took several days this past April Vacation and headed southward to
our Nation's Capital!
It was not a relaxing trip by any means.
We all drove down in the minivan--
all Six of us!
It was about 7 hours driving with a long break at a park in between.
Once we settled-in to our garden-style apartment,
we ventured out to make sure we could find our Metro station
for adventures the next day.
Along the way we happened upon a school playground that was lot of fun!
Josie and Clara Rose were ecstatic to play and let off some
cooped-up steam!
I was just as ecstatic!
The first day we ventured into Downtown D.C.
and started with the Smithsonian's National Natural History Museum.
I was sure this would be a big hit with the girls!
We went into an open air butterfly pavillion--
Lots of lovely butterflies flying all around.
Josie immediately began screaming--
she didn't want any of those flying bugs around here!
Wim ran her out really quick and Clara Rose and I checked out
the "pretty bugs."
The girls went to the Mummy room next to which Clara Rose exclaimed,
"Whoa! They are really REALLY dead!"
"Take a picture Mommy!"
Josie exclaimed, "Noooo Mommy! I want out of here!"
The Mummy section was cut short.
Next we headed off to the other rooms in the museum.
At this point I am wondering how this museum is going to go with Josie.
We are zero for two at this point and I am feeling really glad that entrance is free!
We ended up in the prehistoric section and Wim met-up with the big kids and took off to do bigger kid exploring.
Josie liked this section a bit better,
but wasn't too sure about all the bones and skeletons.
Clara Rose loved it and
took to making monster faces and
roaring randomly at Josie, me, and people in general.
The Ice Age section--
A Sabertooth Tiger in the background.
I forgot what the other skeleton is.
Josie and Clara Rose on the 2nd Floor with a Right Whale
hanging from the ceiling in the background.
The "Fancy Rock" room.
The girls LOVED this room.
Loads upon Loads of Minerals and
as they called them
"Pretty Sparkly Rocks."
We spent a solid 4 hours at this museum and then
headed out to walk some of the National Mall and
meet up with Wim and the big kids.
They liked seeing the Lincoln Monument--
![]() |
| He's the President on the Penny! |
It was a nice day for walking-- warm but overcast.
It was a great very full first day in Washington D.C.













No comments:
Post a Comment