Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Fever!


Now it stops. This thing can be so weird sometimes!
Last weekend we did some yard work and cleaned our grill so we can begin putting it to good use.








We were so busy enjoying the 60 degree weather last weekend, I didn't really get many pictures. Most of these pictures are from this weekend. It is a bit more brisk this weekend, but still nice enough to spend time outside playing.

Our local YMCA is having special events this weekend to thank their members. Josie and I have made the most of both the events and the nice weather.

We kicked off Saturday by having a nice visit with Elmo. Josie was very happy to see Elmo.

"Mo Mo!!!"

Josie was a little hesitant to approach Elmo by herself, so we both walked up to see him. After we hung around for a little while, I told Josie we were going to leave and go play at the park. While I was packing her bag she yelled, "MO MO!" and went running over to Elmo and gave him a big hug good-bye.





We had lots of fun playing at the park and we were quite surprised to find ourselves to be the only ones there! Josie had lots of fun playing on the slide. She is big enough now, she can walk up and play on the smaller slides by herself, without me going with her. It is such a big difference from last year.
























Josie also enjoyed playing on the swing. She still doesn't seem ready to try the big girl swing, but luckily she still fits in the toddler swing.



After our fun morning, we went home for lunch and Josie had her nap. She was pretty worn out from all the fun and she really needed to rest-up.

After her nap, we headed back to the Y (yes, we spend a lot of time at the Y) for some fun swim time. Daddy didn't come with us so I don't have pictures of us swimming. Josie loves the water and to go swimming. Swimming on Saturday afternoons is one of our favorite activities!

This Saturday, Josie was also able to enjoy an additional treat. The Y set up a special kids gym party. They really put out the works for this one. The had a bounce house, rope swings, big squishy gymnastics beds to jump on, tunnels and slides, scooter chairs, and big blocks.

Josie Dong Dong's little face lit up like a Christmas tree when we walked in and she saw all the fun things to do. She almost fell over kicking off her shoes while exclaiming,

"I pay! I pay! Iiiii PAAAAY!"













She was quite the daredevil-- going down the slide head first.











She didn't seem to know what to think about the scooter chair, but managed to zip around it all the same.

Josie thought it was really funny to crawl through the tunnels and if she saw me peeking through, she'd laugh and go a different way-- giggling the whole time.

"These tunnels are fun! There are lots of different paths to crawl through!"














"I'm not tired! I'm not tired AT ALL!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't beleive her long hair! She must be eating her veggies. Thinking of you guys and what was happening this time last year. What an amazing ride it has been for you all...