Sunday, March 1, 2009

Stepping Out

It is snowing, yet again. I am more of a summer person and at this time of the year, I think the consensus is that we are all tired of the cold weather!

Josie got some good exercise in on Friday afternoon running around with her big brother and sister-- whom she now calls either, "duys," or "gu-gu."

"It's not really going to snow this weekend is it?"
"When is summer gonna get here?"












Josie had a fun Saturday Morning playing with her friends, Angeline and Grace. Josie and Angeline are within a couple months in age, but little Grace is a whole year younger. It is amazing to watch how she keeps up with the bigger girls and manages not to get trampled!

"Baby Grace is going to help build stuff too!"













After her nap on Saturday, we headed out to Ivy's Garden, a restaurant/banquet hall to celebrate the 10-Year Anniversary of the RI Chapter of the Adoption Community of New England (ACONE).

ACONE is a wonderful nonprofit organization that provides workshops, support groups, you name it for all segments of the adoption trilogy. Wim and I began participating with this organization long before we were able to bring Josie home, largely with their support group for waiting families and also with several educational workshops they provide for adoptive parents.

We were very happy to be able to take Josie with us to this kid-friendly celebration.

"C'mon Daddy! It is time to go and I'm dressed to Party!"

Josie seemed both fascinated and a little nervous when we first arrived at the hall. The tables were set-up with fancy plates, silverware, napkins and there was a DJ playing music.
















Soon after we arrived, Josie's friend Clair and Carly arrived with their Mommy and we all sat together. Josie felt better with more people at our table that she knew.















I was really surprised that Josie stood with all the other kids long enough for a group picture. She is in the 2nd row, 2nd from the right.

I think it helped that she was standing next to her friend Carly, who is a big girl. Carly offered her hand to Josie when Josie started crying and it did the trick.














After the big picture taking event and eating dinner, it was time to shake a leg on the dance floor and Josie Dong Dong was ready to dance the night away.

"C'mon everybody! Let's Dance!"
























Clair and Carly also had a great time dancing with their Mommy.




"I'm a Party Girl!"

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Josie looks like she's having so much fun! You really seem to have a great support and friend network for Josie.