Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Super Close

This is just a quick update-- all of our adoption paperwork is now signed by nearly all the governing powers and is at the CCAA-- chinese agency in charge of adoptions. The CCAA can now issue us approval to travel to China and our appointment at the US Consulate office in China can be made.

For those not familiar-- this is the final step in the paperwork that will allow us to actually board a plane to China. Well, I guess we could still board the plane, but the getting off of it part might not happen.
:-D

Our agency believes we will be able to fly out on January 1st or 2nd.

I'll try to get some pictures of our tree trimming up in the next few days. We are swamped with holiday planning and my sewing machine is giving me a hard time. So close and yet so far away with this quilt!

Happy Holidays!

6 comments:

Waiting For Ling-Ling said...

Thank you for your nice words.
Lourdes
Waiting for Ling Ling

Madeleine said...

:::gasping:: we g out the 31 of Dec!

Our CA is January 11!!

Maybe we will see you there!

me said...

This is super news! Keep us posted!
steph

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

We just go TA today...we hopefully will fly out on Dec. 30th. I hope your's comes this week!!!

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Article 5 was 11/17/09...

The Ordinary Horse said...

Wow, you could flying out in less that a month?! OMG...I'm so excited for you; I can't wait to hear that you LANDED in China. Happy holidays to you too Reena...Yes, Ava is doing fabulous. Some sibling rivalry between the 3 girls, but ah, that's family life. Otherwise, she is happy all the time; loving constantly; and a dream come true!