We've had a very fun and busy past week-- they all seem to be this way lately! At least they are fun-busy! We've had lots of fun outings and playdates last week while celebrating Chinese New Year and I've made a couple chinese dinners that everyone seemed to like. Here are some pictures from the Rhode Island Families with Children from China Chinese New Year Party.
Both Josie and Clara Rose were scared of the Dragons. Clara Rose started out sitting on Wim's lap. She quickly moved to behind him on the floor and then hopped under the table behind both of us.
Clara Rose then crawled to the other end of the table and sat with Jie Jie for a little while, before crawling back under the table and up to where Wim, Josie and I were sitting.
Josie was scared but she did stay huddled on my lap with my arm around her-- tightly. She wanted to watch as long as we sat like that-- sorry no pictures of that.
I did manage to convince Josie to feed the dragon lucky money with me-- she is basically holding onto my hand and I am feeding the dragon.
After the show, all the kids are invited to have a close-up look at the dragon costumes. Niether of the girls were interested in getting up close and personal this year.
One of our friends, Carly, who is a big 6-year old had no problems going up and seeing the the costumes.
Isn't she lovely in her blue outfit?
Clara Rose was happy that all the dragon movement had stopped and she was in BaBa's arms, safe and sound.
Our friend Grace, who is also 2-years, is not the least bit scared of the dragons and had a fun time getting close to them with her NaNa.
Josie wanted to stand and look at the dragons from a distance. We really stood and looked at them for more than 5-10 minutes, but she wasn't taking any chances by getting to close.
It was a really fun party. There is a big banquet of Chinese food as well. After eating, Josie and I went to the Ladies room and the "dragons" were folded-up on the floor so that their tails were covering their heads. Josie didn't notice them until we were on the way out. She stopped abruptly, "Mommy (in a whisper) wook-- the dragons are sweeping." Then she held her finger over her lips and said "Shhhh. We have to be qwiet and tippy toe so we don't wake dem." So, we tippy toed past the sleeping dragons. Once we were past them, Josie asked why they slept like that with their tails over thier head. I told her it was because they didn't want people to see them sucking their thumb. She giggled at that.
Last night-- the girls were playing with the laundry baskets. Why I buy them toys is beyond me!
They were having a blast-- and then . . .
Josie started her own version of a Lion Dance.
Here she is saying "I'm a dragon. I'm going to dance like a dragon!"
I am guessing that in her mind, the laundry basket is a dragon head.
Not to be outdone by her big sister . . .
Clara Rose quickly followed suit (she usually does where Josie is concerned--
or Dong Dong as Clara Rose calls her)
Clara Rose did have to keep taking the "head" off and checking around to see what was really going on.
Never a dull moment around here!
2 comments:
Love it; love reading the commentary and seeing the girl's faces as they brave the dragon! They look so adorable. More to read...been thinking about you and wondering how it's going coming back home, you know what I mean...
These photos are so adorable.
Post a Comment