Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year, Happy Valentine's Day

It's one party after another around here! Between Josie's preschool Valentine's Day party last week and Chinese Parties this past weekend and upcoming weekend, the kids are out of school for the week-- breathe.

I'll start with the very fun Chinese New Year Party hosted by Grace's Mommy and Daddy.

The girl's dressed in their party dresses and party coats ready for fun. 

Don't the look lively?


Grace's Mommy Michelle went all out for the Chinese New Year Party. It was a lot of fun with crafts, games, dancing, and yummy food!

She even made some really cool foam picture frames with a tiger for each of the party girls.

Thanks Michelle!


Stickers are always a good time with this crowd. Even the dads got in on the action.

Wim and Clara Rose enjoying the yummy food. I think Wim was on taste bud overload!


Josie couldn't eat her's fast enough-- and she did eat everything on this plate.

Josie and her gal pal Angeline, enjoying some post dinner chips and more sticker fun.

The hostess with the mostess-- Grace, looking lovely in red.

A fun game of pin the tail on the Tiger.
Clara Rose having a turn-- she put hers on the nose.

Everyone gathered to look at the Yummy Cake.

Wim and I with the girls.

Clara Rose and Josie gathering all their fun party favors for the ride home.

Earlier in the week I took Clara Rose to visit Josie's school for their annual Valentine's Day Party.

Josie posing in the big play room under a duckling.

Clara Rose posing next to a worm.

Yummy treats.

Me and my Sweethearts.

Wim giving the girls their Valentines Day presents.


Josie decorating her heart box.

Sharing stickers.


Later in the morning we "made" some Valentine cookies. I kind of whimped out and used some pre-made ones this time around.  What can I say, I'm worn out.

Pre-made or not, they were enjoyed.

I hope everyone had as sweet a Valentine's Day in your home as we did in ours.

Enjoy the festivities of Chinese New Year-- more parties and pictures to come.

2 comments:

Sheri_n_Ben said...

Beautiful pics! They are too cute together. It looks like they had a wonderful CNY party!

Hugs,
Sheri (from your Faith family)

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Lovely holiday! The girls look darling. How is the language coming along?