Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cutie-Pie Weekly ReCap

Hi Everyone,

I am continuing with my attempt to update the blog once a week. Yea, I know this is a holiday weekend and all-- but we have some projects to work on plus some fun stuff we want to do-- not that keeping ya'll updated isn't fun-- but, well, you know . . .

Last weekend I took Gabrielle and Josie with me to a party. The girls had some fun 'big sis'-'lil sis' time playing on the little hay wagon. They were very cute, but I had a hard time getting them to both look at me at the same time for the big Kodak moment.





















Most importantly, Josie and Gabrielle had a blast rolling around in the hay, giggling, and making silly faces at each other.

Josie had fun this night playing around before bedtime. She is especially interested in the cat, who isn't quite as intimidating as Phoebe, our Golden Retriever.

Josie is getting pretty good at identifying body parts-- especially those on the head. Much to our cat's dismay, Josie's current favorite is the eye.



"Look! It is the cat!"
"I am going to pet the Cat."











Josie soon became tired-out from all of the running around after the cat and pointing out her eye. She was happy to snuggle with Daddy for a few minutes before heading off to her beddie-bye basket.




The next morning, Josie had a nice treat of French Toast for breakfast. She was still pretty tired when she first started eating.
"I can't see what I'm eating."
"Mmmmm. This is pretty good."



"Oh YEA! Let's get some MORE Syrup!"


We did have a minor disappointment this week. Pictures were taken at Josie's Baby School and we went to extra lengths to have her ready for her first "school" pictures. The night before, I picked out a pretty outfit filled with fall colors. The morning of the pictures, Wim got up a little early so he and Josie would have time to stop by my office and I could fix her hair (Daddy isn't so good with the hair-- his fingers are too big for the little bands).
I am sure you know where this is heading.
Josie threw a fit at Baby School. She would not sit for the photographer and cried and cried.
So no Baby School Picture.

When we got home, I tried to take some pictures of Josie in her outfit. I thought it would be pretty to take some outside.
Josie thought differently as she kept far away from me and my camera.

"NO! I don't want my picture taken!"
Back inside the house I was able to get a few goofy shots of Josie Dong Dong, but nothing like what I was hoping to get.
Oh well. We'll have to try some other time.

















Last night Wim and I took Josie out to eat and she enjoyed intelligent conversation with her Daddy about current affairs.

Even though the economy is falling apart and it is an election year, Josie was most interested in discussing last night's Red Sox game.

"The Rays are totally going to choke under this pressure!"


As we continue are fun-filled Holiday weekend, we will be heading to a pumpkin patch-- so stay tuned for more fun and games with Josie Dong Dong.

"I'm getting a pumpkin!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! I can always count on this blog to put a big smile on my face. Thanks, Reena.
love,
Becky

Anonymous said...

LOVED the pictures Reena!!Especially the one where Josie is sitting at the table with her father with the caption "The Rays are going to choke under the pressure." That was to funny and cute. It made me laugh!!

We have some major Red Sox fans in this family. My husband was born and raised on the Boston Red Sox and he is raising his son on the Red sox. It is always baseball in this family!!! ( especcailly with the guys)

Have fun with precious little Josie!!!! She is a cutie-pie!!!

Wendy