Friday, October 24, 2008

October Cutie-Pie ReCap

Hi Everyone,

My attempt for a "few" quick pictures and details. OMG! It is sooo hard.

From our tip to the aquarium-- Josie picked out a cute stuffed seal pup to bring home as a reminder of her fun time.

The entire night was all about her new "baby."

"baby, Baby, BABY!"

"Life is Goooooood!"
Really when you look at the little guy-- What's not to love? I mean just look at those eyes! They practically take up his entire head!



"Yeah!!! I'm Happy!"
Josie has also managed to keep Daddy busy with various activities. Lately, the activity of choice involves stickers . . . .
"I have plans for you Daddy . . . He He heeeee!"
"You just sit there Daddy-- I have something more for you."
In case you can't quite make it out, oh yes, now we can see-- Wim is sporting a very cute little "Hello Kitty Mermaid" sticker on his cheek.

We've been out and about on nice days enjoying the lovely fall colors. Even Phoebe has joined us on some of these adventures. As you can see, we are still working on all our travel seating arrangements.
"Thhhhanks! I want to sit with the bbbbbabbbbieee!"
On some days, Josie is able to enjoy some quality play time with her big bro.
"What do you mean you don't want me to tell anyone about you playing with my toys?"


Lastly, Josie Dong Dong had a great time playing with some Chinese and Chinese-American college students at Brown University. We are very fortunate that these students at Brown participate in the China Care program where college students sponsor monthly play groups and mentors to children adopted from China.

Josie is typically shy with new people and in new environments, but not at the Brown China Care play group. She had a great time with Sophia and hooping it with fun games of chase.


"You can't catch me!"

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Cute pictures - it looks like you had a busy month.

The program with Brown students sounds really cool. Do they do culture events, too? Do they offer a chinese language program for young kids?

Give Josie a hug from Lily and I. Also, when is her birthday?