Friday, October 17, 2008

Pumpkin Patch and Friends in Mystic

Hi Everyone,


Josie Dong Dong and Mommy had a special treat this week. We played hooky on Friday with Auntie Andrada and Ela. To make the day even more special we all made the trip to Mystic Aquarium and had a fun time looking at all the pretty fish, beluga whales, sea lions, and sting rays!

"Oh Boy! Auntie Andrada is just as happy to see me as I am to see her!"



"What kind of animals are these?"


"Lion Fish are toddlery cool!"

Ela was happy to pose with the Lion Fish.

"Ummm, if lions are the king of the jungle,
does that mean that Lion Fish are king of the Sea?"

"There is a shark in there! His name is Bruce."
You might be able to just make out the big leopard shark in the aquarium behind Josie Dong Dong. I took this picture just in time. Once she noticed the big shark there on the other side of the glass she yelled, "NOOOOOOO!" and took off running for me. Talk about missing a video moment!
"This looks like a nice place to sit."
We all enjoyed a nice lunch after viewing all the sites at the aquarium. It was a nice fall day and we were all comfortable sitting outside in the sun to eat.
"Are we going to the toy store?"

After lunching at the aquarium, Josie Dong Dong nestled down into her stroller for a nap and we decided to stroll around Mystic Village for a little while.
Ela was quick to make friends with this big hugable teddy bear.

"I luv you teddy bear!"

Then she was on to the candy shop for a rainbow lolly-pop.

"MMMMmmmm, this is yummy."

It was a wonderful day and both Josie Dong Dong and I were sad when it had to come to an end. We look forward to seeing Auntie Andrada and Ela again for another play date after the holiday season.

As promised, here are some picts from our trip to the pumpkin patch last weekend.


"I'm not sure where we are going.

We're moving and neither Mommy or Daddy is driving."


"What is a pumpkin?"


"I still don't get it."
"Hi pumpkin."

"Mommy is making a big deal about you, so I'm going to give you a hug."



"OK. Here we are in the pumpkin patch."
"This is funny. I don't know why. But, this IS funny."
"Oooo. Mommy has a pumpkin."
Back home, Josie found that we also bough some squash.
"At least they are not as scary as the lobsters we got over the summer."


"They are pretty weird looking."
We also bought an apple pie at the pumpkin patch. This was more of a purchase that Josie Dong Dong could understand.

"Mmmmm, This is reallllly yummy!"

"I'm going to scrape every last bite I can!"

Happy Autumn!

Apple pie kisses for everyone!

2 comments:

Jena said...

Josie is sooo adorable! You guys are doing great and you're getting me totally psyched for Halloween! We miss you - Jena, Clay, Caroline and Adrian (are you doing anything on the Melamine front? I took Caroline for a renal ultrasound Friday - we'll see. I'm assuming all is well, but just figured we'd rule anything out if we can).

Anonymous said...

Reena, I loved the pictures of the Pumpkin Patch with Josie!! They were great!!! I am sure she had a great time picking out a pumpkin!!!! what will she be for Halloween???

Were those pictures taken at Schartners?? It looked liked Schartners. i was just curious that is all. Kep the blog rolling!!!

Wendy