Saturday, October 4, 2008

New Friends

Hi Everyone,

As usual I have a ton of pictures to post and not enough time to them all or do justice to the few that I hope to post. It's been pretty busy this past week and Josie Dong Dong is the girl about town! -- with a 1st birthday party for Baby Emily and greeting Baby Grace recently home from China.
And-- without further ado-- here she is-- the Darling Baby Grace!
Mommy Michelle is still in zombie-mode from the flight back to the states from China, but Grace is happy as a lark (so is Mommy Michelle-- she's just tired from the late night crib parties).
Josie Dong Dong was very happy to finally meet Baby Grace Niu Niu and was quick to offer her some toys to play with.
"Hi. I'm baby Grace and I'm CUTE!"



"Hi Baby Grace, let's play mailbox."

It didn't take long for the girls to make friends and start tooling through Baby Grace's toys. Josie Dong Dong enjoyed showing Grace Niu Niu how to use some of her toys and Baby Grace thought Josie was pretty funny to watch!

"I like the mailbox toy a lot too!"

"This toy plays pretty music."


"This is fun! I like playing with Josie Dong Dong!"
"I like playing with Baby Grace Niu Niu!


The girl's had a blast with each other on their very first playdate and I am sure they will have more adventures together in the coming months. We'll definitely be seeing more and more of this cute little mug in the future.


We also had a very important 1st Birthday this past weekend-- Josie's cousin Emily turned one and we all helped her celebrate the occasion with presents, cakes and of course some balloons.

Josie Dong Dong is still cautious when we take her to a new place and especially if there are lots of people around. She still likes to stick close to Mommy. Luckily for Josie, she was quickly greeted by her favorite big cousin Abbie who brought her some . . .CHIPS! (what else??).


All of the kids were excited when Baby Emily opened her presents. Everyone wanted to help with the wrapping and with showing Baby Emily how to play with all her new loot!


The biggest question of the day turned out to be . . . .

How many adults DOES it take to assemble a baby toy?


We'll get back to you on that one.

Of course the next exciting party event was the cake! This was a big hit with the birthday girl!

"Oh Boy! Look at ME! I'm 1-Years Old!"

Hmmmm, I'm not sure that Baby Emily liked her cake all that much. What do you think?

"Ummmm, where did my cake go?"

Toward the end of the party, Josie Dong Dong finally settled-in enough to seek out a balloon for herself. She is still cautiously checking around each corner to see what is going on.

Josie had fun at the party, but there is nothing like returning to the safety of home after being to a new place.

"Ummm, that was fun, but we're staying home now-- right?"


Just when we thought she was all settled down-- Josie Dong Dong decided to surprise all of us by trying to streak around the house before bedtime.

This seems to be a new phenomena for Josie Dong Dong-- taking off her clothes! She keeps trying to do it-- everywhere!

"I think this shirt would be better as a hat."














"Maybe it should just be a flag I wave around."




Till next time, we'll be hanging out with Josie in her play area-- building-- well, we're not sure.





1 comment:

Lori said...

Hi Reena Loved catching up with you and Josie Dong Dong--especially those 6 months--before/after photos. Can you believe how much they have grown and changed!! These kids amaze me every day--Audrey loves to be with me best too. That little brown party dress is adorable. Take Care
Lori