Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween

I had hoped to get this posted earlier in the week—but, well, I’m sure you all know how that goes!

Halloween has been a very busy time for Josie Dong Dong, who dressed as a clown for her first Halloween party. She really likes her costume and wants to wear it around the house. The pictures below are from the Halloween party at our YMCA.

Josie didn’t care too much for the crazy teeth that Daddy wore with his costume, but she didn’t seem to mind Mommy’s wild hair.

"Let me GO! No kisses with those silly teeth!"


"Ummm, everybody looks kind of weird."

Some of the staff dressed like scary witches and Josie didn’t much care for them too much either (do you blame her?!). When the witches said “hi” to her she looked away from them and said, “no.”


Inside the facility there was much activity and Josie enjoyed climbing the spongy stairs and jumping off of them, but she wanted Mommy to stay close.




She also enjoyed a fun game of “drop the clothespin in the pumpkin.” Josie quickly decided she wanted ALL the clothespins and tried to make a quick get-away.

"This is a fun game, but . . .


having all the clothespins is even more fun!"

There was also a craft and coloring room at the party where Josie enjoyed coloring for a little while before she tried to make-off with a tub filled with crayons.



"This is GREAT! Mommy only lets me have 3 crayons at a time!"

Back inside the main party area a DJ played fun Halloween and kid themed music. This DJ was awesome and really got into his act. Words simply cannot do justice to his impression of Elmo being 'scary Elmo.'


















Josie enjoyed the dinner I brought for her while listening to the music and then we joined in to dance to some tunes with the other party-goers (those green things she is eating are witches fingers) .






Wim thought this costume was the scariest of them all.


We also carved our pumpkin, which really peaked Josie’s interest.

She seemed a little concerned when I first started cutting the pumpkin and came over for a quick hug.


"Ummmm . . . . . . . .

Mommy needs a hug."

Josie had a great time playing with the seeds that I pulled out, but she didn’t want much to do with the “guts.”
"Ooooooo, What IS that?"
"I just don't know what to say."


We had some major pumpkin cleaning-up to do throughout the carving process. For someone who wanted nothing to do with the stringy guts, Josie sure did manage to get it all over herself.

"Mommy, I have some of that slimy stuff on my toes."

"My pumpkin has a face."

Josie Dong Dong was quick to point on the pumpkin’s eye, nose and mouth and when I asked her where his head was at, she went and got the top I had cut-off and put it back on top.

"This is its head."
Josie Dong Dong also had a Halloween party at her school and I am waiting for some pictures from her teacher. I'll post those when I can.

I hope everyone has a Happy Ghoul-night!

Reena

No comments: