I think I'm finally awake enough to try posting a few pictures.
It was a long flight home and I talked to Josie Dong Dong about the big trip we were going to take the day before. This is the look she gave me when I told her it was going to take more than 24 hours.
And, this is what she looked like on travel day at 4:45 am.
All things considered, she did well during the trip and was VERY excited to see all of her new toys when we got home. After being sooooo cooped-up on the flights and the whole trip home-- she happily explored many of her new belongings and seemed really happy.
After a playing for a little while, she had a bite to eat and was acting a little loopy-- kind of like a small drunk person who will not admit that they are drunk.
Even after a decent night's rest on a real bed (beds in China are rock hard!), we were both still feeling tired our first morning home.

Josie was definitely ready to take her first nap in her own crib mid-morning that day, covered in her panda fleece blanket that I made for her.
She has finally been able to meet her big sister and big brother. She was a little tentative with them at first, but was certain they were not suppose to be sucking their thumbs.
Her and Daddy are starting to get re-acquainted. I think she does remember him, but we are back to her not being happy if he holds her.
A few more picts of Josie Dong Dong with her family. If you look closely you can see the bags under her eyes. She really fights not to sleep and tends to wander around like a little drunk person.
Even though she cries if daddy holds her, she still reaches out for him to kiss her hand
And as of this morning, she was doing a lot better with daddy holding her. Mine and Josie's jet lag are effecting him just as badly as us!
Grandma, Aunt Becky, Uncle Bob, and cousins Nate and Emily are coming to visit tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how all the little ones interact with each other.
Love to all,
Reena
5 comments:
I had a great deal of catching up to do, but read everything from the time you got word that you had a baby to adopt.
What an experience you all had - and are yet to have! She seems very happy and has a WONDERFUL smile. I wish all of you the best. I'll be sure to keep up by visitng the blog.
Sara
Reena - I'm glad the transition to home is going well! Its so strange not to see all the babies every day! Lily is doing great and seems to get a kick out of her brothers, although sometime our 5 year old gets in her face too much!
Rachel
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! I HAVE CHILLS REEENA!!!! I knew it was getting close but I had know idea!!! I am soooooooo excited and thrilled for you!!!!
rhonni
Reena,
Your blog is wonderful! I can't believe how organized you are about listing all the books on adoption. I keep meaning to do the same and never get it done. I love the pics. Great to be sharing this whole experience. Sorry it has to be virtually now! xo, Jena
Just had to look at the blog again while at work today. I miss being at home during the day and love hearing the 'Josie files' when I get home.
She has everyone captivated.
Love,
Wim
Post a Comment