Monday, April 21, 2008

Focus on Daddy-Time

Hi Everyone,

Things here are going pretty much the same. Josie is settling in to her new home and we are still trying to figure out her nap schedule. We are still playing that one by ear for the most part.

It is truly a joy to be home with her and watch her open up and change each day. We are still working on getting her comfortable with Daddy. It is taking some doing but we are making slow progress. She doesn't fuss as much when Wim feeds her or bathes her and she is starting to seek comfort from him when I am "unavailable." Try explaining to a 17month old that sometimes Mommy likes to go to the bathroom by herself. I know, TMI.

Aside from focusing on Daddy, we have had another playdate with Josie's friend Angeline and her mommy Kathi. The girls had a good time hanging out together and we plan to do a little bit of
shopping together later this week.









We are still working on the walking with Josie. She is definitely stubborn about it, but we are getting stubborn right back. We will no longer pick her up when she requests it, we make her walk a bit first. Yesterday, she had one of Wim's shoes in her hands and stood up holding it and nothing else. I told her if she is able to stand up with one of Daddy's big mud-kickers in her hand, then she should be able to walk. Stubborness, that is all it is. I think she knows it too.
Below are some picts of Josie getting Daddy-time and of us all hanging out at the park this past weekend. It is so wonderful to be in New England during the Spring and to have summer-like weather.
Love,
Reena



















Daddy looks just as tired as Josie!

























Give Me More POPCICLE!
















































1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hi Reena,

I'm glad all is going well at home. I love the popsicle pictures!

Lily doesn't like to walk at certain times of day - pretty much until after dinner she is content to be carried!

I love reading about your life at home with Josie! I miss catching up every day.

Rachel