Hi Everyone,
This is a quick post and no pictures at this time. I will try to post again in the next few days with some pictures.
Josie Dong Dong and I made it home safely, to the house at about 10:45 pm Wednesday-night. It was a really long day for both of us-- like the title, four planes and 28 1/2 hours later. We left our hotel room around in Guangzhou at 5:30 am China time.
We flew from GZ to Hong Kong to San Francisco to Chicago to Providence. Amazingly enough, all flights were on time and we even landed in Providence Rhode Island 15 minutes before scheduled.
Josie is a bit flipped for the time change and she isn't the only one. She checked out a few rooms last night, played a little bit with some of her toys, ate a little bit, and then crashed in her new crib. I am sleeping in her room with her until she realizes this is her home.
She fell asleep last night between 11:30 and midnight and slept until about 4:20 am. She was up from then until nearly 1:30 with only a 30 minute nap. She is now sleeping again and I will wake her shortly to get ready to meet her big brother and sister.
She is eating really well and seems pretty much OK-- a little unsure of her surroundings, she wants me in her sight, but she is playing. She's a little loopy because she is tired.
It will probably take us a week or so to get fully adjusted-- probably closer to 2-weeks for her.
Reena
4 comments:
Welcome HOME, Reena and Josie Dong Dong! We love you!
Andrada and al.
Welcome home!! Can't wait to see you and meet Josie! :) I'm sure it feels great to be home finally...I remember it well. Hopefully you'll be back on track by the end of weekend. Maybe Josie will surprise you and get adjusted inside a week. It helps that the sun is out a bit longer this time of year.
Hope to hear from you soon! Please let me know if you need anything!
Kathi
Yaaay, your home again! I'm so glad. Josie, we are so excited to meet you. Nate and Emily have a new cousin to play with an we couldn't be more pleased for all of you. See you all soon : )
love,
Becky
Hi Reena,
Glad you had a decent trip! I hope Josie is adjusting well and having fun with the big brother and siblings!
Rachel
Post a Comment