We have Clara Rose. The meeting was a bit hectic to say the least. Clara Rose was with a foster family, which was not specifically stated to us. They dropped her off and were there this morning, but we did not really get to talk to them or were told they were her Foster Parents until they were gone. It seems that the orphanage has a room in a separate building dedicated for adoptive families and the kids. We were not able to see any of the kids in the orphanage nor were we able to go inside the building where the kids reside. Clara Rose was very upset-- crying inconsolably while our guide and the orphanage nannies gave us papers etc. Things got disorganized pretty quickly. We went to the passport office immediately afterward. After Wim and our guide came back to the van for the 2nd time looking for paperwork (I stayed in the van with the girls) we decided it would be easier for us to all go inside. I still ended up going back to the van one more time. On the bright side, Clara Rose had calmed down a bit. She prefers Wim, but will interact with me. After the passport office, we went to the Bank of China so Wim could exchange US to Yuan currency. Then we were able to go back to the hotel. It was close to 12:30 at this time-- both girls nap at about this time, but were too jazzed-up to sleep nor had we eaten lunch. Clara Rose's foster family sent her with a lot of her favorite snacks and a bag that we have yet been able to look through. We finally got the girls to calm down and they were just about to doze off when our guide called us to tell us we would need a bit more money for the paperwork fees tomorrow. Three hours later, the girls are finally taking their nap at about 4:00 pm Tianjin time. A VERY hectic day, but we are so happy to have Clara Rose. Hopefully, things will be a bit more calm the next few days. She is a very sweet girl. She opened up rather quickly back in our room and was exploring everything.. WE definitely have to watch where we put things. Her and Josie played with the play dough, colored a bit, had some snacks and we got quite a few smiles and even a few laughs. I didn't get much rest last night either-- who knows how tonight will unfold. Between Josie waking-up every few hours and Wim coughing all the time, it is hard for me to fall asleep and stay asleep. It is starting to really wear on me. I will upload all of the days pictures to shutterfly-- very interesting drive to the orphanage-- lots of people out shoveling the streets! |
Monday, January 4, 2010
Clara Rose
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Yay! You have her:)
Congratulations!
Gonna go check the pics on Shutterfly now...
Congratulations! Sorry about your hectic day, but you have her now! I hope things go well this week for you.
Congratulations!!! I am so happy to finally see sweet Clara Rose in your arms!! I'm sorry she was so sad, but as you know it's a good thing in the end...since she was so attached to her foster family. She is just absolutely beautiful, and I just love the pics of Clara Rose and Josie together. They are too cute! I will keep you all in my prayers for a smooth transition.
Hugs,
Sheri (from your Faith family)
Congrats Reena! I will pray for you and all and especially for you to sleep well. Blessings, Kelly (Faith fam)
Reena and Wim, Hello from the USA!! Clara Rose is absolutly beautiful!!!!! Precious,Precious,Precious!!!!! The pictures of her and Josie are wonderful!!!! Josie is going to love being a big sister. God has truly blessed your family with these beautiful girls!!!!!
Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Wendy
She is beautiful! How old is she again? Congratulations!!!
Congratulations Reena! She's beautiful!
Shelley
Sooo excited and happy for you all !!! She is beautiful. Reena, you poor mama, I pray that you can sleep soon.
love,
Becky
Post a Comment