Hi Folks, We are getting a few questions from some of our adoption groups. Several adopting families with our agency are snowed-in up in Beijing. Tianjin is about 60 miles (maybe a bit more based on how long it took us to drive here and it didn't seem like we were going slow) SE of Beijing. Wim and I didn't make it to cultural street on Sunday. The rest of the week in Tianjin is being reported on Wunderground that it will be clear and sunny, albeit COLD-- but hey, we're Rhode Islanders so we can take the cold! Our itinerary shows that we have a couple more down days before we leave for Guangzhou and we plan to make a good trip to ancient culture street before we fly out. It is #1 on the list for things to do that are not related to the adoption. OK, so I'm still not sleeping well. I drank 1 1/2 beers earlier this evening and fell right asleep around 8:00 pm. I woke up again around 10:00 pm wide awake. Wim is up as well, but he also had a good nap yesterday. I don't think it is the actual sleep that gets you-- it is your body's biorythym. Maybe they are the same thing-- I am sure they are related. I guess it is time for another beer and a half and hopefully a longer sleep than 2 hours. I'm not sure what would happen if I kept doing 1 1/2 beers and 2 hours of sleep intervals to get at least 8 broken hours in. Hmmm, I don't think I want to try that. OK-- enough ramblings from over the Ocean. |
Sunday, January 3, 2010
More Sleep deprived ramblings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Supplemental Melatonin 3-6 mg 1/2 hour before you want to sleep might help. It helps Bobby with getting to sleep because the evening shift messes with his natural circadian rythym. They use it in school age kids who have trouble falling asleep.
It has snowed at home all weekend, and its staying in the 20's. Glad to hear Josie is doing so well and having fun in the pool! Emily keeps asking me, "W-when's Aunt Reena gonna get our cousin?" "Soon", I tell her, "but we have to be patient." I hope you sleep tonight, Reena :)
love,
Becky
Hi Reena! Praying for rest or enough adrenalin to keep you going. The time difference and the excitement wreck havoc on any chance of a good night's rest. Glad to hear you are safe and sound in the hotel awaiting Gotcha Day and not snowed in at Biejing. Can't wait to see Gotcha Day photos!!
Blessings,
Sharee (Faith Family friend)
Mama to Sterling, Gotcha Day-11/23/09 in Nanjing, China!
Post a Comment